Finally Going Public

Candon

Character Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Greetings all, my name is Clayton. I'm known in gaming as MageisHero, and Candon on the RPG MakerWeb Forums.

I first started using RPG Maker when I bought RPG Maker 2 for PlayStation 2. I loved it so much, to be able to make anything. I made funny scenes and adventures.

But anyway, I have been using VX Ace for a few years and I've been on my own. I don't talk to people on the forum, but I use scripts and other resources people make. I keep wanting to make my own stuff, but I end up getting lazy or finding myself lacking motivation. I did end up making one sprite in particular (Not shaded well), but I feel like I want to make a name for myself.

I don't think it even matters, but i'm here finally speaking my mind on the forum. I never do that. I want to let those that make Tilesets, Sprites, Scripts, etc. that I appreciate your work and thank you for sharing. 

I hope that i'll eventually finish a game. It seems I can't stick with one idea for too long, I envision a lot. But i'm a huge character designer, so coming up with new ideas comes easily. 

Okay, I've rambled enough for now, I just wanted my voice out there for once, and maybe it'll encourage others to do the same.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, welcome! And perhaps being here will help you find the motivation you need to finish something - it's usually the most difficult part of all of this.

Candon

Character Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, and it took me this long to say hi on this forum, lol. I've actually been on here quite a while and still haven't had much motivation o.o

It's a cuuurrrsssee!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I find that motivation gets 'stronger' the further into your project you get.

Once you know it only needs [x] amount of time until its finished (and [x] is not a large amount) then it really motivates you to get it done, cause then you can start your new idea, which no doubt, will have been bugging you for months while u finish the current idea...

Anyway, welcome ^_^

Candon

Character Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
And Dekita shows himself, excellent. Thank you for the replies both of you. I'll keep all that in mind.

Oh, and Dekita, excellent scripts. lol.

Aeternus

Hebitsukaiza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the good thing is youve got ideas flowing =D 

give yourself the idea.. to... finish.. a game! haha =P

Welcome aboard the Awesome train n.n as stated above, hopefully you find some motivation to finish something =P

Maybe to submit an entry to an event of some sort =) that should be motivating enough.n

Candon

Character Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've never been interested in events sadly, though that would have been a great way to get started. I dislike deadlines most of the time, and don't particularly like competition. Thank you for the idea though, I'll still consider it. I say, gotta try before you can deny.

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
welcome BD start more active in this forum even if its just to have conversation.

dont like deadlines and competition?, you are like another me :guffaw:

what i do on some event is think that its just for fun :p

if you want to make a name, do what you think you can do best ;)

or try out a couple of other things , who knows you might be good at some of it.

Aeternus

Hebitsukaiza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Think of an event as a fun thing as stated above :)

It gives you a solid idea you can work on n.n

another thing you could maybe possibly try is working with a group on a single project =)

It would make use of your ideas but someone else could put it together and actually finish it xD

The best of both worlds hehe n.n

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
another thing you could maybe possibly try is working with a group on a single project =)
It would make use of your ideas but someone else could put it together and actually finish it xD

The best of both worlds hehe n.n
Unfortunately not everyone will think that your idea is the best idea ever and offer to work on it with you. But if you partake in others ideas then you can make friends along the way :)

Candon

Character Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That team thing is my style. That sounds like my best bet. Thanks guys :D

Dunno why it took this long for me to feel like talking. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalamar_Sinn