Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
96R3BBc.png

We are down to our final two. Most of our heroes have been lost, falling in the final climb, the elemental dungeon... or even in their home town.

The final heroes will face off in the:

The Villain's Lair

All participants listed below, submit your map entry by sending it by PM to @RPGMakerWeb
using the same rules as the Qualifiers round.

ADDED TWIST: Include the villain character in the map!

You have until May 3rd, 11:59 Pacific to submit!

@WaywardMartian, @Calamitous Magic

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As I have a very bad sleep schedule, I decided to go ahead and set this post up 'tonight' to give you guys the most time possible :). (It wasn't just because I wanted to sleep in tomorrow, promise)

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks Touchfuzzy. It's 6.30 pm here, so I'm not complaining. I was bursting to know what the final theme would be. I'm having a blast, by the way. It's been a great competition and I'm already hoping we can do it again next year. It's been really challenging and I've learned heaps looking at all of the fantastic entries. With all that talent out there I can't believe I got this far, so I'm really excited. Now I know I have to produce a masterpiece. Cheers to my fellow finalist and may the best man, woman or Martian win!

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh boy I love villains. Hope I get to see a demon lord in there. XD Good luck.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The final theme should be easy but challenging. In comparison to earlier themes, The Villain's Lair theme should be very easy to deal with as there are a lot of assets for the villain's lair and as the theme is very straightforward. However, the Final Round is for all the marbles (sort of say), so the level of expectation for creativity will be very high and that's what will make the final theme very challenging. The Villain's Lair theme may be easy and straightforward, but it's also the one theme that should not be taken for granted as that theme is very crucial for a game; depending on how good or bad the villain's lair looks, it can either make or break the game. Having said all that, I don't want for the competitors to feel any pressure over the final theme as this is the villain's lair that we are talking about; they should have fun with it as there are so many things that could be done for the villain's lair and as there are almost no limits when it comes to designing a villain's lair. I wish good luck to the two remaining competitors.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlgdumb