First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
WARNING: This game contains the following: 
1. Children 
2. Children killing monsters 
3. Children running with sharp objects. 

If you run into any bugs during game post in here and I will try to fix asap thanks 

There are two downloads to this version be sure to download the right one for your system. 

GENRE:

Adventure, RPG

FLAVOUR:

Comedy, Fantasy, Old school

STORY:
Many centuries ago a demon once lived in the town born from the mayor of the village, but once she showed signs of demonic powers and looks, the town deemed her unworthy and locked her under the village in the cavern. Many centuries later, three small children, Rayner, Sadie and Jeffry explores the very same cave, which they are told NOT to enter. This is where their tale begins. Join in their adventure to discover what lies in these dark caverns, and see what evil lurks in the dark. 

Downloads:

Windows

MAC

Screenshots:

Characters:

Rayner :

Rayner is an adventurous youth, always wanting to go where ever there is adventure. He always wants his friends to tag along.

Jeffry: 
Jeffry is the best friend of Rayner, and older brother of Sadie. He is the brains and oldest of the three, he tries to keep them all out of trouble, and to keep his baby sister safe.

Sadie: 
Sadie is the baby of the group, she only follows Rayner around because she has a crush on him. She has shown magical abilities since a young age, but is not afraid to show it off to her friends.

Credits: 

ORIGINALLY MADE FOR INDIE IN A WEEK 1 IN RPG MAKER VXACE MODIFIED AND CREATED IN RPG MAKER MV 

STORY INSPIRED BY - RAVENBLUEINDIGO 
DEVELOPED BY - CHIBIEVIL 

EVENTING 
CHIBIEVIL 

GRAPHICS 
MIDGET RALPH, ULRIKA, BENNET - RAJAWALI 

MUSIC 
PATRICK DE ARTEAGA 
ENTERBRAIN 
D. C. KAIRI SAWLER 
DARREN CURTIS 
JOEL STEUDLER 
MC TRICKY 
JOREN "TENSEI" DE BRUIN 

BATTLERS 
RTP - ENTERBRAIN 

PLUGINS 

YANFLY 
GALV 
LTN 
SHIGGY 
SHAZ 
COOLIE 
KANAZUKI 
KLOE 
TERRAX 
MR TRIVEL 

I would also like to thank Jackus for hosting the INDIE IN A WEEK and the many talented people who made the Graphics and plugins.

Last edited by a moderator:

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks adorable :D I'll dl it and post feedback after playing.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, some things:
- when I approach the boulder in the cave which triggers the pushing cutscene from the left, after the cutscene the actor is inside the boulder. It's not game breaking cuz you can just move out of it but its a bug.
- in the map before the boss fight there's a part of the map to the left that looks like it leads somewhere but it doesn't, again just a minor error.
- in the boss fight itself, the game crashes cuz it's missing a sound file. (powerup.ogg)
- Sadie's ice spell doesn't do damage for me(misses all the time), also her heal spell doesn't heal.

other than that the, i like the mapping, it looks pretty fine for me :)
The characters are instant adorable for me for some reason xd especially Jeffry.
can't say much more yet :)

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright, some things:
- when I approach the boulder in the cave which triggers the pushing cutscene from the left, after the cutscene the actor is inside the boulder. It's not game breaking cuz you can just move out of it but its a bug.
- in the map before the boss fight there's a part of the map to the left that looks like it leads somewhere but it doesn't, again just a minor error.
- in the boss fight itself, the game crashes cuz it's missing a sound file. (powerup.ogg)
- Sadie's ice spell doesn't do damage for me(misses all the time), also her heal spell doesn't heal.

other than that the, i like the mapping, it looks pretty fine for me :)
The characters are instant adorable for me for some reason xd especially Jeffry.
can't say much more yet :)

I Can fix the boulder scene easily and the missing file. Not sure what you mean by the map before the boss fight, do you mean the area with a bunch of fairies and chests. there are a few bosses in the game :p

I do not know why ice does any damage for you for sadie, i have it set up to do damage.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I Can fix the boulder scene easily and the missing file. Not sure what you mean by the map before the boss fight, there are a few bosses in the game :p

I do not know why ice does any damage for you for sadie, i have it set up to do damage.
http://i.imgur.com/wcRbvQs.png
In this picture it gives me the impression I could proceed. ;c
I don't know about the ice, it just missed every time I used it on all enemies, also the harpies even though they attacked, didn't do any damage to any of
my party members.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
http://i.imgur.com/wcRbvQs.png
In this picture it gives me the impression I could proceed. ;c
I don't know about the ice, it just missed every time I used it on all enemies, also the harpies even though they attacked, didn't do any damage to any of
my party members.
Oh thats fixable, i can put blockages. Hm Ice always did damage for me and for my friends, it might have something to do with that she was always higher level than everyone else, which i fixed. I will just make some adjustments see if it helps. Ok i fixed it from doing damage, one of the scripts I have i can set up for accuracy and i had magical attacks miss more XD. It also had the same for certain hit, I fixed it now.

Ok the links have been updated to that fix the bugs you mentioned :)  thanks 

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so I finished it and here's my opinions:
The mapping was pretty good, it had a consistent good look for me  all through the game and the lighting made it better. The story was pretty simple but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I also assume it was just the start based on the to be continued sign and some screenshots I found in the game folder (which are pretty spoilery so I think you should remove those xd) I'm a sucker for the kids so no complaints there. The atmosphere of the game fit too.

I had a big problem with the combat. While you could utilize weaknesses of enemies with Sadie and kill them, the enemies were just too beefy(Boss fights were alright) it took like
7-10 minutes to beat a baby jelly without knowing its weakness, and I don't feel like the only person who should be able to deal damage should be sadie... and then I got the megapunch(forgive me if i get the name wrong :c) with Rayner, and one shot the big jelly. I mean I understand that since its a short game, the exp curve is going to be steep like that, but after I reached 20 or so, i just couldn't be bothered with fighting. The bosses didn't feel too unique, just spammed attack (except chibae with roood! :D) so there's plenty to improve there, but otherwise even if it was slightly grindy, it was an enjoyable game.
- There are some minor bug with the sprites when they fall to the ice caverns. When they get up in the cutscene it's like they're tiptoeing.

(The treasure room was the best idea. I don't care if the player never uses(Or i just didn't discover how :( ) the money, it was the best.)

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, so I finished it and here's my opinions:
The mapping was pretty good, it had a consistent good look for me  all through the game and the lighting made it better. The story was pretty simple but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I also assume it was just the start based on the to be continued sign and some screenshots I found in the game folder (which are pretty spoilery so I think you should remove those xd) I'm a sucker for the kids so no complaints there. The atmosphere of the game fit too.

I had a big problem with the combat. While you could utilize weaknesses of enemies with Sadie and kill them, the enemies were just too beefy(Boss fights were alright) it took like
7-10 minutes to beat a baby jelly without knowing its weakness, and I don't feel like the only person who should be able to deal damage should be sadie... and then I got the megapunch(forgive me if i get the name wrong :c) with Rayner, and one shot the big jelly. I mean I understand that since its a short game, the exp curve is going to be steep like that, but after I reached 20 or so, i just couldn't be bothered with fighting. The bosses didn't feel too unique, just spammed attack (except chibae with roood! :D) so there's plenty to improve there, but otherwise even if it was slightly grindy, it was an enjoyable game.
- There are some minor bug with the sprites when they fall to the ice caverns. When they get up in the cutscene it's like they're tiptoeing.

(The treasure room was the best idea. I don't care if the player never uses(Or i just didn't discover how :( ) the money, it was the best.)
thanks for the feedback. I wanted to give the later enemies to be harder, but maybe i made too hard, There is also a merchant you could buy weapons to help you, since the enemies drop money easily. XD thanks for playing :)  The battle configuring is still new to me :p  

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am downloading and will test it on mac!

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just started but I love the music!

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The beginning would be more interesting if maybe you had to walk to the cave yourself

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am downloading and will test it on mac!
kool let me know how it works, I sadly don't have a mac and only know 2 people who does.

I just started but I love the music!
awesome :)  glad you do.

The beginning would be more interesting if maybe you had to walk to the cave yourself
Maybe it would be, but i wasn't sure.

Very fun so far! I just got past the big jellyfish.
glad you enjoyin it so far :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
XD I read the content about children running with sharp objects and children eating monsters and then...  If you run into bugs (...)

YUP!  Of course children in this game will run INTO bugs; right away with SHARP objects to cut trough those bugs!

(Please do no hate me; I had a run with a bedbug invasion last year.  It kinda sharpened my wit with bugs.)

JRibbons

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Enjoying it on Mac too. Really like the maps and the collective atmosphere. 

Agree with SlySlySly that you should be able to get to the cave yourself.

What was missing for me so far is a personal reason the characters are going on this adventure. There is a nice dynamic between them, but I'm not sure why the Chibae has any personal relevance to them. It doesn't have to, but it might make the story compelling. 

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
this was a indie in a week game and it turned out to win 2nd place, and because people including myself enjoy it i might remake it down the line to have a bigger back story, a world map, walking around town etc. 

JRibbons

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, the fact that it was made in a week is incredible! Well done. 

LunarClassic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks interesting, I'll give it a go!

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
this looks promising :D

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You're not very hard to find, Chibae. Lol. I still gotta play this. :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stellata