Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

So I am using Galv's Tools script, as it seems there is an incompatibility between some other scripts I was planning on using, and there may not be a simple solution to that, I am hopefully going to create my own crops system using Galv's Tools but the snag I am hitting while making my own events/etc during this currently is for determining the seeds used based off of the item used by Galv's Tools Plugin.

What I wanna do:
Right now there exists a common event for all seeds, and the CROP TOOL does x based off what item was used when calling this common event. (the common event +Tool shown below). I'd like to do something similar, but without using galv's crop event lines of code, because it conflicts with yanfly's core.

Bottom line is I want to be able to plant seeds that all use the same (<tool:15> for example) common event.
OR to be able change a variable based off which seed item (or differentiate the item) being used by the tools script which I could then call upon the variable it changed in an event to do x.

I want to be able to use yanfly's spawn plugin without having 100000 different common events for every seed, but I have no idea how to do so and rely on you guys.

What I know:
My brain is so tiny it doesn't even know how to explain this properly haha- u^u

If you have other suggestions or one can do this I am ears, but would prefer to keep with Galv'sTools to call the common event, UNLESS you think there is a better/different script I should use for this!

Plugin:
You can find this common event in his demo for a closer look: TOOL: Seed (generic)

If you haven't already read some of my other questions then you'll not yet know I am a complete noob with js!
I totally appreciate all of you lovely folks who help people like me out~

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
Well, I'm really want to help. But I never used this plugin from galv.
So, I was looking at the demo and your post, but I can't understand what you really want xD
Can you explain again, what you want to do?

[EDIT]
Wait, do you want to make your events like the plugin does, but without using the plugin?
but without using galv's crop event lines of code.

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*spends 30 mins replying to explain self.*
Galv's crops/tools has 3 different seeds that use 1 common event, and i believe it's doing something different based on which seed item was used.

I want to find out how it is telling the difference to do something like this:

Ex. Seed 2 is used by player (via galv's tools) > common even reads item 2 was used with it, variable x or switch y etc can be changed to 2 or whatever else.

Then i can make conditional branches or call that var later myself. I just dont know how to get it to understand the difference between "carrot seed" and "grape seed" item I used with the common event. That way I can have 20 seeds but not 20 common event, just 1 common event that can tell what seed was used and record it or return it for me to use.

EDIT: TLDR. I am trying to get the common event used by a item from galvs tools to let me change a variable based on which item it was.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Riazey Your post is a bit confusing, and I think that is because you're mixing up a few different things.
The intention of the plugin you're using is to enable the use of a few 'tools' like a planting shovel, a watering can etc. on a lot of events, and those events would be the different plants as an example.
Most games I know would use something else to select the different seeds, they would NOT make each seed a different tool because that would be a big problem.

Because you don't go into details of how your plant events are supposed to work I can only describe the most common ways how to handle this.
You usually use "select key item" as an event command to determine which seed to use.
The plant event itself can then either be done with a copy event plugin, or it can be a fixed event that uses a self-variable-plugin to store the seed ID, or you can use a regular variable with a very limited number of plant events.

for better help we would have to see an example and description of what you want to do with your game.

EDIT: This was written before your second post became visible
Your problem is that galv's plugin was never intended to store the seed ID, as I describe above that is usually done in a different way.

I suggest looking for a clone event plugin and make a master event per seed type, and have the tool common event clone that to the current position. But as said there are other solutions...

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: I FIGURED IT OUT. To get the item ID being used you type $gameSystem._tools.selected; \o/ Huzzah!
now to use this to make a totally overcomplicated planting thing aha-

Below was old responses:
@Riazey
You usually use "select key item" as an event command to determine which seed to use.
The plant event itself can then either be done with a copy event plugin, or it can be a fixed event that uses a self-variable-plugin to store the seed ID, or you can use a regular variable with a very limited number of plant events.

for better help we would have to see an example and description of what you want to do with your game.

I suggest looking for a clone event plugin and make a master event per seed type, and have the tool common event clone that to the current position. But as said there are other solutions...
Ahh yeah, to be honest I do not understand how only that the "crops" half is doing different things depending on the seed used. Sorry about that blegh.

In many games they use Carrot seeds as one item and Grape seeds as another. I want them to call on the same common event when used but do something different, but I don't know how!

Ideally what I mean is that I want the seeds to all use <tool 15> as the common event to use, but spawn in different events (I am using yanflys spawn) or as I believe you suggested spawn the same common event but store the seed id as a self variable in the event created, which would also work!

I just dont want 20 seeds with 20 different common events.

[EDIT]
Wait, do you want to make your events like the plugin does, but without using the plugin?

I am so sorry for my terrible explaining ._. What is life I am so embarrassed.

Yeah basically... the crops in galvs plugin cannot be spawned in because they conflict somehow with yanfly core which I need for self variables. SO I SET OUT TO EVENT MY OWN.

His tool common event figures out which seed item triggered the common even to do something different I THINK or at least that is what I am trying to do. I really just want to run the seed generic common event but be able to spawn different events based on what item was used.
I want to have many different seed items use the <tool 15> command aaa- And not have 20 different common events for every kind of seed. I thought it would be less confusing to just ask I store the seed id to a variable but clearly that was hella confusing! Sorry again oh man- >//^//<

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KuramaPrime