matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure there's already a plugin for that, but i figure not so i'm requesting it here.

I wanted to know if there are any ways that i could control the battler motion depending on specific moments. It might sound strange but let me explain with the video capture some examples of what i'd like to do:

1- First, i'd like to show a different motion when you get hit while guarding. Having the same damage motion as a normal hit makes it look like guarding didnt do anything special. This motion could be draw from an empty motion slot, i'm not using the swing or missile slots.
07Opp7f.png
jv2kMwy.png

2- Second, it bothers me how when the character is on low HP it plays the crisis motion loop, but when it comes to its turn, it gets up with the regular idle motion and that kinda makes it feel like the character got healed. I'd like to make it stay in the Crisis loop until the moment you input the command of this turn, then change it to the Ready Physical motion while it goes up to the target, like it does when the HP is plentyful, bc it looks weird as hell he moving while crouching

riPwqvQ.png

gbY7l7G.png

AXZGgOr.png

I think that's pretty much it, idk how hard that'd be or if there's a plugin or something like that, but i really wish i could do this kind of stuff

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Though I don't have an answer for this problem, I do want to point out that what you are referring to as "animations" in this thread are usually called "motions" (attack motion, guard motion, etc.). I suggest correcting this in order to avoid confusion.

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Though I don't have an answer for this problem, I do want to point out that what you are referring to as "animations" in this thread are usually called "motions" (attack motion, guard motion, etc.). I suggest correcting this in order to avoid confusion.
Thanks man! I've edited that!
I forgot that 'animation' is kinda meant for 'animation fx' on a RPG Maker context

zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have A. Yanfly's passives or any passives plugin and B. Yanfly's Visual States... you can do the following...

Set the passive to whatever your crisis HP level is as when the passive comes into effect. then with visual States, <State Motion: Dying>...

That might work for Guard too... so you aren't using missile or swing right? In the guard state, set <State Motion: Missile (or Swing)> whichever you plan on using and see if that works. if not... go into the JS file for rpg_objects and look for Game_Actor.prototype.peformDamage = function() {... and use this...

Game_Actor.prototype.performDamage = function() {
Game_Battler.prototype.performDamage.call(this);
if (this.isSpriteVisible()) {
this.requestMotion('damage');
if (this.isStateAffected(2)) {
this.requestMotion('guard')
}
} else {
$gameScreen.startShake(5, 5, 10);
}
SoundManager.playActorDamage();

that should keep the character guarding... or in your case change it to whichever motion you need them to do instead. It works in my game so far.

Lemme know if any of this works or not.

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just put Passive states and Visual states, but i don't know how to setup a simple thing as how to trigger a status based on HP

and about that line of code
}
} else {
}
Is that supposed to work without the plugins? I didnt understand what's that doing

thanks for the reply man i thought this topic was going to the limbo hahaha

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for HP based stuff...

<Passive Condition: HP Below 25%> (or whatever your crisis HP is at... it's most likely 25 percent if you haven't changed it)

<State Motion: dying>( this keeps them in this motion instead of going back to idle aka walk/wait)

as for the code... actually I THINK there's a much easier way to use it. open up something like Notepad and copy and paste the code... change 'guard' to whatever you motion you need to use, aka missile or swing from what you said you weren't using. save this code. but put js at the end... call it Motion.js (that should work)

}
} else {
}
};

add this code to the plugin folder and add it to your game.

hopefully all of this makes more sense.

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
IT WORKED!!! thanks so much!
At first it didn't, bc i've put it on the bottom of the plugins, but when i tried putting it on top, it worked fine.

Now, about the issue #2 i've pointed out on the topic, is that a code fix for that, somewhere i can look in the files and switch? or maybe a line of code i could run as a plugin like the guard fix?

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
glad it worked! and no it's not a code fix... I looked for a way to change it with code but I couldn't figure it out... what I gave you was note tags you use with the two plugins I mentioned. I'm not really sure how to do it without the Auto Passives and Visual State plugins. it's really simple though. you just need to make a Passive state with the following notetags. Then set everyone to use that passive.

<Passive Condition: HP Below 25%>

<State Motion: dying>

everyone with the passive should be in their dying motion when it's their turn instead of the default one.

hopefully that makes sense. if not, maybe someone else can explain it better. as I said, I only know how to do it with those 2 plugins.

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right, i've tried that, got the passive state to work but couldnt get the visual state motion/animation to work (i've just put a state animation and overlay just to be a mark that the notetag worked). I'm not really sure why tho

These are my tabs:
1614928177176.png1614928194190.png1614928267542.png

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've figured it out, the problem was that i needed the Buff & Status Core plugin, now i got the visual state to work BUT, it doesnt override the regular Idle motion during your turn when you are selecting your action (nevermind the flash and confusion overlay). It also wouldnt work to fix the problem of having the character 'walking' towards the enemy while kneeling , i need him to do the 'Wait' motion when walking towards the enemy

1614985188384.png
1614985234426.png
1614985412378.png
1614985518945.png

Idk if there's a fix for that, maybe i need to recruit a programmer :asad:

Attachments

• 1614985131346.png
    1614985131346.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 0

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ahh I see... eh yeah, I'm not really sure what you should do in that case. sorry I don't know of anyway to get around that.

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nevermind man, you helped a lot! The guard solution was very helpful actually

Thanks a bunch !

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no problem, and good luck on figuring out the rest.

Bezhodeft

Beginner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
glad it worked! and no it's not a code fix... I looked for a way to change it with code but I couldn't figure it out... what I gave you was note tags you use with the two plugins I mentioned. I'm not really sure how to do it without the Auto Passives and Visual State plugins. it's really simple though. you just need to make a Passive state with the following notetags. Then set everyone to use that passive.

<Passive Condition: HP Below 25%>

<State Motion: dying>

everyone with the passive should be in their dying motion when it's their turn instead of the default one.

hopefully that makes sense. if not, maybe someone else can explain it better. as I said, I only know how to do it with those 2 plugins.
Dude you are my hero , i've been searchiing for week on how to do this, thankyou so much man

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension
Sherriff: This permit you're renewing expired two months ago, you haven't been concealing illegally have you?

Me, remembering the sheriff was at the range with me a couple weeks ago and unsure if he'd noted me draw from IWB: I plead the fifth.
Stardew Valley's ConcernedApe announced their new game with a teaser. Hyped. It gave me some ideas to think about for the games I'm going to make as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blitzy_Boi