metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses

INVICTiA-Logo_zps8q2nuwbc.png

Dedicated to those of you who almost give up. Know that you will NEVER loose as long as you don't give up to the bitter end.

Screenshots:

INVICTiA-SS1_zpsocblvkch.png
INVICTiA-SS2_zpsl86y2prp.png
INVICTiA-SS3_zpsflhftkfa.png

Characters:

There are really only two characters in these whole game (excluding extras). Introducing them would be spoiler. (LOL).

Credits:

Go download the game and run it.

After that, click the "Credit" on the title menu.

Download:

Notes:

Sometimes everything just doesn't go your way. I intended to submit a much bigger and a much longer game than this. But then real life happened and then when I realized it, I had only less than 7 days to submit a game. Well...here you go. I decided to make it humble and shorter in term of everything. I do hope you guys enjoy it in the spirit of RMW Birthday Bash.

And heck, what the hell is wrong with dropbox? The upload speed is so damn slow. In the end I decided to use MediaFire. I am sorry if you happen to hate MediaFire...

Last edited by a moderator:

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Update info:

[March 15th 2016 - 07:00 PM UTC + 0] Fixed error due to RMMV "remove unused assets" deployment 

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I attempted twice to play this game, and it crashed both times.

I tried using the skills Banishing Slash and Against All Odds and got the error that it Failed to load : img/animations/Light3.png both times. I'm going to guess that this file is missing.

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Hello, I attempted twice to play this game, and it crashed both times.

I tried using the skills Banishing Slash and Against All Odds and got the error that it Failed to load : img/animations/Light3.png both times. I'm going to guess that this file is missing.

H-h-huh...???

That's weird!

I just checked and there is no such kind of error when I played it directly from the exe file(I am using enigma vb)......the light3.png is in it....

hmmm..... I will look around and see what the trouble is (after sleep lol)

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Ok, I managed to recreate the error you get >.<

How I recreate the error:

1. Deployment

2. Tick on windows

3. Tick on remove unused assets

And then the light3.png is automatically removed from www/img/animation even though it's required....not sure why the deployment does this :(.

nothing wrong with the enigma vb

Damn, guess I have eliminated myself out of the birthday bash then.....

re-uploaded the new version of the game in case I am still allowed to be in the birthday bash

if not then, I would ask this thread to be moved to its proper place >.<!

--messaged Lunarea  --

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ah that sucks. Hopefully they'll still let you participate! Glitches are the worst way to get kicked out x-x I know that sting well.

I'll redownload this and give it another try if I have time to!

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
ah that sucks. Hopefully they'll still let you participate! Glitches are the worst way to get kicked out x-x I know that sting well.

I'll redownload this and give it another try if I have time to!

Ah they still let me in the event. But I think I have wasted some people's time out there.>.< Sorry for the incontinence and thanks for giving it another try >.<

I know I make this game in under 1 week, but it sting so much when the glitch happen due to these problems :stare: .

I think that "remove unused assets" feature must be removed from the engine, if it may fail to include the needed files IMO :headshake: .

But for now. Glad that I am still in! ! :)

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad to hear you can stay in! I'll certainly give the game another go; I just might not be able to record it.

I've noticed quite a few people having trouble with the 'removed unused assets' feature, though it usually seems to be tied to ones that plugins are calling and not the database. It's strange it would delete something like an animation file. Well! This is why it is important to play the deployed versions of the game quickly before uploading I guess. Lesson learned :)  You'll be ready for it next time. That's what mistakes are for, anyway.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried your game, and ended up crashing it almost instantly.  I opened the options menu and when I tried to leave I got this error:

options%20menu%20error_zpsbbxk8k8d.png

I avoided that menu the next time and tried to play.  I lost the fight and got a game over.  So I tried again, and lost again, but got a super short cutscene.  And then the cycle continued a couple more times before I put the game down.  I think I know what you were going for, but the fight wasn't interesting enough for me to want to play it and lose over and over again.  If I was supposed to win it, I guess I wasn't good enough.  If I had more of a connection to the character maybe I'd keep at it, but as it is I was not driven to keep at it.  Maybe I'm just not the target audience.  If there's a lot more to the game, congrats on getting it done.  :)

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
I tried your game, and ended up crashing it almost instantly.  I opened the options menu and when I tried to leave I got this error:

options%20menu%20error_zpsbbxk8k8d.png

I avoided that menu the next time and tried to play.  I lost the fight and got a game over.  So I tried again, and lost again, but got a super short cutscene.  And then the cycle continued a couple more times before I put the game down.  I think I know what you were going for, but the fight wasn't interesting enough for me to want to play it and lose over and over again.  If I was supposed to win it, I guess I wasn't good enough.  If I had more of a connection to the character maybe I'd keep at it, but as it is I was not driven to keep at it.  Maybe I'm just not the target audience.  If there's a lot more to the game, congrats on getting it done.  :)

Ah....I used to test the game directly without touching the options menu >.<. Didn't know that the config.rpgs save is important. I thought it is part of save files since it is located in the save folder. Another lesson learned.

Thanks for your feedback~~.

There is certainly a lot more to the game. But there is only like....err....7 fights/battles in the game and like 6 dialog scenes in between.

All battles are beatable. I put "Impossible Odds"(evasion + 95%) and "Banishing Slash" (99999 damage) for good reasons (storywise and "gameplay fairness"-wise).

The "gameover scene" that you keep getting will tell you a bit less than half of what I am going for in this game lol. But hey, at least you play the game, and decide to give it a try. I am sorry that I ended up not using the sprites I commissioned you that time. That project gets too big and I have to give up since I later founnd myself with only 1 week time to join the birthday bash>.<

If you are still interested in my "survey":

What do you think: Should I put walk through for everyone to see or should I just upload "easy version" of the game as option for everyone to download?

@Makio-Kuta

Yea! That's the weird part.

The light3.png is part of the animation database. I used to think that as long as a file is part of the database, then it will not be removed >.<. I told lunarea about this and see if s/he can address this to the engine developer. I think that feature should be removed from the engine's feature if it would also delete files needed by the database. Next time, I guess I will have to remove the unnecessary files myself manually to be on the safe side >.<. Yea, at least this event tells me something about RMMV.

Thanks for your interest in (still) playing my game.~~

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I used 'Banishing Slash' but Whomi kept full healing, and I wasn't up to slowly whittling away at its health.

As for your question, I don't think you should put up a walk through or easy version just based on my feedback.  It's quite possible the game's fine and the problem was with me and my patience (or lack thereof :p).  Hopefully more people will play and give you a better idea on if you should change it.  :)

Atlas Rose

Jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I recorded a let's play of this game and I wanted to go in blind so I didn't read any of the comments here. Somehow I managed to miss all the problems everyone else came across, but after reading I tried going back and beating that monster. Couldn't get past it so I figured you weren't supposed to. (Also I apologize for the horrible mic issues. Ack! I need to buy a better headset.)

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
I used 'Banishing Slash' but Whomi kept full healing, and I wasn't up to slowly whittling away at its health.

As for your question, I don't think you should put up a walk through or easy version just based on my feedback.  It's quite possible the game's fine and the problem was with me and my patience (or lack thereof :p).  Hopefully more people will play and give you a better idea on if you should change it.  :)

The key of using Banishing Slash for the first battle is all about timing lol, but yea, I don't deny that you will have to be really patient about it.

Agreed, let's see if there would be more people play and leave more feedbacks. ~~Gonna need more people to download my game>.<

I recorded a let's play of this game and I wanted to go in blind so I didn't read any of the comments here. Somehow I managed to miss all the problems everyone else came across, but after reading I tried going back and beating that monster. Couldn't get past it so I figured you weren't supposed to. (Also I apologize for the horrible mic issues. Ack! I need to buy a better headset.)

Hi ~~

Thanks for at least trying up my game~~ and whoa,....I didn;t know that someone would also read all the lines in my game!

Anyway, about the part where you were supposed to be able to beat that "monster" (or not), it's really up to you. If you can defeat "it", you will get more dialogs to come, if you don't then...you know it. I made it light so that there is really no gameover, though I don't say there is no bigger story going on if you can defeat "it".

And what do you think?

Should I put complete walkhtrough/guide for this or should I put "easy mode version" of this game here as another download link as another option for players?

Think of it as survey lol~~

Anyway thanks again for playing~~

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew one of my chars! The man with 100 kids and a lot of love to give :kaopride:
Me: *about to stalk someone's posts*
Forum: "This member limits who may view their full profile."
Me: *bummer*
Also forum: Advanced search > Posted by ...
1B77FB7E-3802-4179-BB2D-F390021512A6.jpeg
Starting a fly by the night dev studio. Anyone want in? Excellent working conditions with onsite lodging. LOL
I finally got all the walk animations done! I mean, I gotta reskin it for the actual characters since this is a character from another project, but still! Doesn't look like a mess now! ;v;
[IMG]https://s3.gifyu.com/images/kalirr-movement-animation-showoff.gif[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun-e