Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So some of you might know that I recently (after a runt of almost 15 years) got back into enjoying making art. Spurred on by some great ppl from the forum I decided to make some frontview battlers and quickly decided to start with Goblins and after a community poll the theme was decided to be Pirates and thus i went to work on them :)

Now they are not everyone - some might dislike the style and others might desire a higher level of quality and that is fine. These are intended not for them but for those devs that would like to have some more original art but do not have the funds to get everything made for them and I hope these will serve them and their needs :)

Terms :

Credit : Finnuval (and possibly others as will be mentioned with that specific resource).

Free for Commercial and Non-Commercial use.

Edits allowed unless specified otherwise. Credit the original though!

Repost : Allowed if linking to this thread

Repost of Edits : Allowed if appropriate credit is given.

Maker required : N/A

Gobbo Pirates! AHOY!!!

Aye matey! The first batch of Gobbo's arrived from the high seas! Enjoy the brime and shanties that'll be bound to come with them.

I made these available in 2 versions : Big and Small though the big ones are qualitywise the best, imo. so you can choose what fits your need best.

F-GobboPirate1-40%.pngF-GobboPirate1-30%.pngF-GobboPirate2-40%.pngF-GobboPirate2-30%.pngF-GobboPirate3-40%.pngF-GobboPirate3-30%.pngF-GobboPirate4-40%.pngF-GobboPirate4-30%.pngF-GobboPirate5-40%.pngF-GobboPirate5-30%.pngF-GobboPirate6-40%.pngF-GobboPirate6-30%.pngF-GobboPirate7-40%.pngF-GobboPirate7-30%.pngF-GobboPirate8-40%.pngF-GobboPirate8-30%.pngF-GobboPirate9-40%.pngF-GobboPirate9-30%.pngF-GobboPirate10-40%.pngF-GobboPirate10-30%.png

Then I made a few 'Special' Battlers to go with these :

The Captain?
F-GobboPirateSpecial1-40%.png

The Monkey
F-PirateMonkey.png

The Mimic
F-OctoMimic-40%.pngF-OctoMimic-20%.png

Then I made one in collaboration with @Mystic_Enigma :

The Kid Pirate :

F-GobboPirateSpecial2-50%.pngF-GobboPirateSpecial2-40%.png

To use this one ALSO CREDIT MysticEnigma
To edit/repost this one ask permission from @MysticEnigma.

And a link to their great stuff :

Finally the awesome @SmashArtist decided to make this walking sprite to go with the Gobbo Pirates :
SA_ShroomStyle_Pirate_01.png

To use this one ALSO CREDIT SmashArtist
To edit/repost this one ask permission from @SmashArtist

And a link to his awesome stuff too :

And that's it...for now ;)

These took me 4 days into the early hours to make so i hope someone will enjoy them.
If you find any major issue with them (missed a pixel or something like that) please let me know so I can see if I can fix it.

Also a very special thanks to @MushroomCake28 for keeping me company on chat during those long hours :)

Next time will be (as voted by you guys) 'Cowboys/Western' Gobbo's... But they will take a little longer cause I also have other things to do haha

Anyway, Enjoy!

Last edited:

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval, do not come crying to me. I do not even look the pictures yet. You are sabotaging yourself already. Your pictures are fine. Stopping worrying about it. We will look for you remember if majority of people have no problem then it is no problem.:)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval, do not come crying to me. I do not even look the pictures yet. You are sabotaging yourself already. Your pictures are fine.
They werent when the thread uploaded at first, now they are.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just one set in and you've already got a large assortment of very well-made battler graphics!! Very nice work, Finnuval.

All of them have a ton of personality. I think the Octopus Mimic is my favorite. The way its tentacles run in and out of the treasure chest is quite hypnotic.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Wavelength thanks! I wanted to have a mimic but do something a little different then Just a chest with teeth :D Glad you like it!

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Cowboys/Western' Gobbo's... But they will take a little longer cause I also have other things to do haha
Why only Western and Cowboys? I just wanted to hear your logic. Why is not Eastern cartoon? I assume that you like the Western Folktales because you spend a lot of time.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo I answered you in pm :)
but i do eventually intend to do all 9 themes ppl could vote for Just not all at once lol

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They are excellent, such personality, and I seriously love that Captain. But why the question mark after his title? That is a goblin who is clearly borne to the boss.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes thank you for the kind words :) I designed him as captain in mind but its up to whomever uses them if he is going to be that or not so hence the ? Lol

Lupinos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
They look amazing! If they wouldn't be pirates, I would take them. ^^
Top notch! Love the art style.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lupinos thank you! you'll Just have to wait then xD i held a poll what theme they should be and pirates was by far the nr1 choice. Western was second so those will come next (in a while). The other themes will also be done at some point though I can't say when that'll be :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nice battlers, the chest with te octopus is the coolest from them all :) nice work.

Dororo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The monkey. That's win all. I'm figuring out it as the actual boss, behind rows of silly goblins.
It does inflinct Banana Peel status, % of falling flat on your back when trying to attack.
Also the pirate with both a knife, a gun and a bomb. He does PROBABLY have too much menacing intentions paired with an undecisive nature.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dororo Banana Peel status lol! I might actually steal that idea someday xD

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So THAT's where the monkey came from lol.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! This is amazing Finnuval!! <3 <3 I sooo love those goblins and their unique aesthetics!! <3 ^_^ Love me some pirate gobbos!! <3 :D Amazing job indeed!!

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I thought I already commented on these?? But I didn't!
@Starmage 's post brought this to the top of the recent threads list, and I was confused as to why I didn't get a watched thread noti

It's because I never commented and said....
how awesome these are XD

I love that each of them don't just have facial or clothing differences, they have other bits like what they're holding, or stuff like the parrot, the net, just all the extra things that make them different.

You know personally that I can't art, but even I know 4 days is pretty darn impressive for stuff of this quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:
Traps, detecting traps, and disarming traps including treasure traps have now been implemented into my Might and Magic-inspired project. If you don't want to get hurt, you better have a character who focuses on the perception skill, and you better have a character who focuses on the disarm skill!

Done tinkering a project idea for MZ, time to make a little document and wait for the release... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asuraguy