Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Title.png

With the next Fire Emblem installment on its way and the Shin Megami Tensei crossover being developed, it seemed fitting that a thread be made for the Fire Emblem Series.​
__________________________________________​

For those new to the Series

Fire Emblem is a Tactical RPG series developed by Shouzou Kaga. The first game of the series was published in 1990 for the Famicom NES in Japan. The franchise didn't leave Japan until 2003 with the release of Fire Emblem: Rekka no ken(Blazing Sword) for the Gameboy Advance (Known simply as Fire Emblem outside of Japan.) After which Fire Emblem continued having international releases to this day (Excluding the 12th installment Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū, which was only released in Japan).

The series is also well known for it's deeply developed characters, as well as the fact that most death of these units are permanent, with the exception of Shin Monshō and Awakening with it's introduction of Casual Mode.

What to Discuss​
 ​
Anything Fire Emblem related, what is your favorite game of the franchise, who is your favorite character of the series? Anything is up for grabs. You could share some exciting news about Fire Emblem that you learned elsewhere. Or perhaps share your accomplishment of completing your latest Reverse Lunatic Run using only the Avatar and Chrom using the rest as meat shields. The possibilities are endless.

Marth_Lucy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
News.png
 ​
E3 is over guys and with that new information has been released on the Fire Emblem If Fates train! ​

So from what has now been released as new information from E3 there are a LOT of new features for Fire Emblem Fates, which is the name of the game in western countries Full. Many things were announced such as the reveal that there will be 2 versions in the west as well. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (Nohr) & Birthright (Hoshido) are the official titles and it can be expected that there is a more expensive limited edition as well like in Japan.

There was the introduction of My Castle which is the form in which Streetpass will be used as well as possibly online play as well. (Meaning this time there may be a need for Friend Codes.) Also you get your own pretty village.

There was the confirmation of Waifu Supports, yes you can get married in Fire Emblem Fates and its been confirmed that children are in this one too. Hopefully it'll make some sense rather than them coming from the future yet again. (Probably not a 2nd Gen like in FE4, but hopefully something that makes sense that wasn't used in Awakening.)

I imagine there will be a bunch of Fire Emblem information flooding the web once the game releases in Japan in only 4 Days.

Lastly here is the latest trailer on Fire Emblem Fates in English this time:

Everyone.png

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I really can't wait for Fire Emblem If. Seriously, three paths to take and each has as much content as Awakening.

Of course... each extra path is DLC that cost almost as much as the game itself... but it's probably worth it.

Favorite Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Awakening

Least Favorite: Blazing Sword, not terrible but I think it's extremely overrated.

Also, fun fact, the fire emblem anime got an English dubbed years before Smash Bros Melee, Marth name is Mars in that version.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't wait for If either, its definitely high on my radar, unfortunately it won't reach NA until 2016, which is a real bummer. I just hope that they decide to sell the Limited Edition one here only, because I know that if they sell it as DLC I'm less likely to get all three of the paths. (Don't get me wrong I'll still get them, I'll just be less happy about it.)

As far as my favorite Fire Emblem so far though, I'd have to say its probably Shadow Dragon and Awakening, I know Shadow Dragon was not as well done as it could have been especially compared to it's predecessors but it was my first and for that I love it.

My least favorite would have to have been Shin Monsho, I played an english translation patch, and I gotta say the "Avatar" of that game wasn't too well done. I mean the only comparison would be Robin... but for me there is no real comparison.

Also just to say something about Super Smash Bros, I hope they bring back Roy as a DLC character similar to Mewtwo, however with at least some sort of uniqueness to him not a Marth Clone like he was in Melee. 

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i love fire emblem 7 and 8. The only ones i've actually played, however, are 8 and the awakening demo :x 

um... i dont know enough about fire emblem games to say a least favorite.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know much about the new Fire Emblem. I had played 2 or 3 different Fire Emblems before Awakening, then when Awakening launched, I played it for six months straight. I've never played a single game for so long (it's not my most played game in hours, but it is the one that won more "most played of the month" awards) and is my second favorite game on the 3DS.

I'm kind of avoiding nintendo games ever since I got shafted with the Wii U, so I don't know if I'll even check out what this new game is about.

Blank

A shadow suspended on dust.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd say my favorite was Rekka no Ken.  I'm an avid emulator, and it came by me when someone had made a program to translate ROMs.  I loved it, and we pretty much in love with it from beginning to end.  The second best for me, which by no means is deserving of second place is The Sacred Stones.  It's just as top notch, if not more so than Rekka no Ken, but I'm a fan of nostalgia.   Things normally get ranked in my mind in the order I enjoyed them in.  My first Fire Emblem was Path of Radiance, and I only ever picked that one up due to a friend describing it to me, and I compared it to Final Fantasy Tactics from the PSx.  That was the first game I ever played so anything that came close to it I had to play.  Unfortunately, nothing matches the original Tactics, and likely never will, but FE has a long standing relationship with me that I'll definitely enjoy for a while.   IF is on my radar, but I didn't get to finish Awakening because my DS got stolen with A Link Between Worlds in it.   -_-

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Favorite ones are 7, and Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Least favorites are Shadow Dragon and... Awakening. (STOP! DOWN! BAD FANS!)

I love Awakening, really I do. There are no BAD Fire Emblems aside from the first ones, but Awakening was just so... Ech. 

It was pretty much a dating sim. The children's supports were always the same no matter who the parent was, character endings had little variety

depending on who they were with, AND I couldn't name my own kid. Then there were the PATHETIC dlcs. A few conversations that should have been there in the first place, and characters from old games (GREAT IDEA) that are just recolors of the Avatar and have no supports with anyone. (WHAT?! WHY!?)

Even the ones you pay for like Lyn or Roy are like this. It's disgraceful.

Which brings me to my biggest quip, I am NOTHING like Robin. I hate him, I hate the fact he's supposed to be me! Everything about him is

just so typical-rpg-hero that if they'd have just put in some dialogue options or ways that I could kind of match his personality to mine, it would

have been FANTASTIC. THAT WOULD HAVE TIPPED THE SCALES.

but instead it was mediocre. Ho hum. Ike, Eliwood, Hector, Marth(maybe not Marth) all had 100 times the personality of any of these characters.

Awakening: Not the best one... but still a pretty great game 7/10

LostFonDrive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One of the only games I'm actually looking forward to, along with MGSV and Uncharted 4.

Awakening was amazing.

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Did I mention Awakening Characters didn't have feet?
Every other game had feet. Why did they remove that feature?

*joke*

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I modified the 2nd post for the use of information regarding If and the Megami crossover. (Not sure why but I did, it felt appropriate for some reason.)

Based upon the trailer if I were limited to choosing one side only I'd probably pick Nohr, I mean they are your family. Those other guys are just relatives as far as I'm concerned. (Obviously I'll be choosing both though, even if it does mean I pay around $60.)

*joke*
It looks like Fire Emblem If will be having feet, however, the main character it would seem will not be wearing shoes.

LostFonDrive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

*joke*
They did, it was paid DLC. This is a new trend these days.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I thought IF would really be a choice in-game, but that's only true with the downloaded version? Eh.

I just realized...If. I thought it was IF, but maybe it's "if", like, "What if I do this instead of that?"

Anyway, only played 3 games in the series (have 1 more waiting) but I do quite enjoy it. Not a fan of permadeath, but...I manage. (i.e. reset)

Really wanna play Awakening, but alas, no 3DS.

I was introduced to the series by Super Smash Bros. Melee. Even then, I wanted more variety. Two teenage sword wielders? Playing the series, there's lots of variety. So then they introduce Ike. More sword guys. But I like Ike, and I was playing Path of Radiance at the time of his reveal so that was AWESOME. So hyped when SSB4 surprised people with Robin AND Lucina instead of Chrom. I'd still like a Pegasus Knight or something in Smash, that would be cool. (c'mon Caeda look-alike who might be Caeda from SMT x FE with her robo-rocket horse)

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah I had the same speculation on the reason its called IF, however I imagine it might not be the case of having to buy another version outside of Japan. As the trailer for NA didn't show both boxarts like it did in Japan.

Many speculate that it could mean that North America could be getting a dual version with just the DLC being the 3rd path (Which seems the most likely to me.) or getting the limited version in Japan which involves all 3 paths (Which seems the least likely to me).

As for Smash Bros. I think its more than likely the next character from Fire Emblem appearing as a playable character is likely to be Kamui the avatar of IF. I mean its pretty obvious his Final Smash would be him turning into a dragon and just destroying everything.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Happy 25th Everybody!  :D

Fire-Emblem-25th-Anniversary-261x300.png

Just thought I'd bump this topic to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Fire Emblem. Yes its been 25 years since the first game for the Famicom was released (Which was ironically on 4-20, let the jokes run wild! BD ) and its been one roller coaster ride, but here we are with Awakening having been a success and a new game on the horizon. What do you see in the future of Fire Emblem? Do you see it crashing and burning in the future or do you expect it to continue similar to Pokemon and Final Fantasy? (Albeit maybe not as popular but I'd like to think it'll last as long or longer than them.)  ;)

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So after a month, I thought I'd revive this discussion to bring up a bunch of controversial topics that have come up in relation to the new Fire Emblem games, apparently there are going to be a LOT of changes with this one as far as mechanics.

For example there is no longer a weapon durability, instead weapons now have little buffs and debuffs so as some might lower speed for being heavy or one might have a higher speed but be overall weaker.

Also it seems there is now Phoenix Mode a new game mode that is easier than Casual, in which units return to life the very next turn... I dunno how to feel about that, it seems to just take most difficulty away.

This information is mostly from various Fire Emblem based sites, however there is one thing that I am somewhat excited about and that is the avatar creation is definitely back. (I was kinda worried that there would just be gender variations of the character kinda like the Pokemon games where you choose between the boy and girl and name it and that would be the end of personalizing it.) Also the fact the Avatar has the use of dragon-stones (So this time around the Lord is also a Manakete, essentially, which is AWESOME.) 

ALSO there is a new weapon triangle, here is the general breakdown:

Fire-Emblem-If-weapon-triangle.png

Dunno how to feel about Magic being part of the same triangle and I have to wonder if there'll be subcategories such as the Light, Dark, Anima triangle from the earlier Fire Emblem games. I also don't know how to feel about Bows being part of the triangle since that is a ranged weapon, and it being on the same field as Axes makes less sense. (Unless we are gonna be seeing more throwing axes in IF?)

Regardless lots of changes happening with this new game, still no definite word on whether there will be version differences in Europe or the U.S. but hopefully in a month or two we may have a definite answer.  >_>   

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Okay, I did not hear about the Lord being able to use Dragon stones. That is AWESOME.

The new weapon triangle sounds weird. But I'm curious. I do like how the series is trying some new things...

Jahan12

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am totally looking forward to Fire Emblem If, but the new weapon triangle is interesting.  If the weapon triangle were in effect earlier a lot of the story of Path of Radiance would have to change, because in that game Greil made it so he couldn't use swords, and could only use axes so that Volke could defeat him if needed.  But with the new weapon triangle, the Axe would actually make Greil better against Volke since he would be considered a concealed weapon user.  Just something to think about.

By the way the all time favorite Fire Emblem Game for me is Path of Radiance, since it was the first that I played, and I have been hooked on the Fire Emblem Series ever since.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
E3 is over guys and with that new information has been released on the Fire Emblem If Fates train! ​
Thought I'd update this topic now that E3 is over and the Nintendo Treehouse did its showings of the gameplay which can probably be found on Youtube.

A LOT of changes seem to be happening with this newest game but the Hype has yet to stop for me.  :guffaw:

I am however a tad disappointed that the versions are being split over here in the west as well but I mean its not a HUGE deal, just means I'll have to pay more for the 2nd and 3rd paths as DLC.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I was a bit worried about the English voice acting choices, but so far they've did a good job.

Curious to why Fire Emblem got very little time for it's E3 presentation, though. Since Japan got, like, a 40+ info video on it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My today's performance in janitor work was so insane that my colleague suspected I was high on something.
Learning about how trademark works for game titles has given me new understanding about another reason why AAA developers/publishers sometimes reveal new games as "Project XXX" as a working title instead of the actual title. The cutthroat world of trademarks and IP trolls gets rougher every year as the pool of available titles for (legally safe) use shrinks due to the limitations of language.
how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainecakez