JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@hadtoregister No worries. Right now, the biggest snag seems to be the JS involved in the class system.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Putting this project on a small temporary hold so I can finish my other two projects first.

TheOddFellow

Overactive Artisan Story Crafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually have a huge game idea for a Fire Emblem-like game. I was concerned I'd have to make the engine from scratch or hire another person to do it. Also, I love Fire Emblem! Can't wait to see more updates.

Goku0000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello everyone this project is great is it possible to hear from him?

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Vis_Mage Again, still on hold- this will be my next focus once I complete my current main project.

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
great!
its have height system?

i can help with a good HUD

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Black Mamba I think what is done is all it can work in terms of HUD- I tried to incorporate Yanfly's profile status plugins, but caused too many bugs and crashes when viewing the statuses of enemy units. And I assume "height system" is the terrain effects system?

Black Mamba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
Height has several effects. The first is blocking actions. Area effect moves like spells or line attacks, e.g. Fire and Scathe have limits as to how they spread on tiles of ground that isn't level. Generally, you will be able to walk up and attack on slopes, but cut out ground will affect your actions if the difference in height exceeds two tiles.

High ground is also advantageous in several ways. Attacking from above limits the chance arrows are interrupted or strike another unit on the way. In addition, some R-Abilities like Counter cannot activate if the attacker's height is higher than the target by a certain amount. In another words, you can attack them, but they can't attack you.

Dragoons and Rangers have the best mobility on this sort of terrain, as Rangers have a default jump stat of 4, and some spears like Javelin and Kain's Lance offer a 2 jump bonus. If you have thieves, Spiked Shoes are generally easier to come across than Sprint Shoes, as well.
if you see some classes can jump at high places, some skill is blocked in high place, or characters get advantages, etv

Goku0000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
glad to hear that you do not give up ^^

Autofire

PICNIC Solver
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am looking forward to this plugin. Looks awesome!

You have a part about the relationship system. Do you have any specific plans for that? (The last FE game I played was for the GBA, and that game didn't have a relationship system.)

Will this provide boosts to stats, or something along those lines? Would it be fairly flexible? (As in, some kind of eval string could determine the effect.)

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Autofire This isn't a single plugin, rather it is a collection of plugins and sample database entries (think Pokemon Essentials back from the VX Ace period), which is why it is in Games in Development and not the JS section. The relationship system is planned, but hasn't been implemented yet (as I am having trouble figuring out how to go about it). I was more intending on doing the system as a hybrid of the GBA line's support system and the 3DS line's relationship system. As for stat boosts, etc, I will have to see what will work before I can give you a definitive answer.

Zovidion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, I'd just like to ask if you are continuing you work or if this project has been dropped. I'm interested in this tactical type of battle system and would love to attempt making a game with this battle system.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Zovidion Like I told Goku0000, I have not dropped this (if I had dropped it, I would have said so and would have had a moderator close the topic). I simply have other things to work on that have higher priority right now- Downfall FES Re:Boot, trying to get my Twitch channel into Twitch's Affiliate program, and trying my (excuse my bluntness in language) damnedest to keep the tight, but polite, ship of a guild that I lead on Unison League in check because the devs decided that this week HAD to be a Ranked Guild Battle season (these "seasons" are the most important part of the entire game)- so I have had to put many other lower priority projects such as Downfall FES Legends, my currently unnamed platformer and SCP Foundation-set projects, and this to the side to get things done.

I realise a lot of people really want this, but you know- things come up in life and a man has to set priorities to get some past commitments finished. Also, this is honestly one project that I will need the communities help to finish when the time comes for me to return to this project. Please do understand.

Last edited:

Zovidion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@JtheDuelist I completely understand man, and I know that setting priorities is important. I wish you luck with your current projects and I will await your return. Thanks for the response even though you are busy.
I hope you have a great day.

illyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow this is a great idea! Thank you for doing it for the committee and good luck on your current projects!

desertbriar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks neat, I'll follow this.

Last edited:

Zovidion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@desertbriar I don't mean to sound rude, but he has just said that this project is currently put on the side and I believe it would be best to let him work on his other priorities and projects. He will come back when he is done and I trust in that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.
When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerreh