Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Celianna, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay this is my first FE title, but I'm totally addicted to the game.

Being able to play as a girl and even romance guys? Sign me the hell up! I chose Blue Lions because Ashe is my best boy (even though Felix wrecks everyone).

Which house did you choose?

Please be mindful of spoilers.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko, Finnuval and noajb like this.
  2. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I chose Golden Deer because Claude! (Although as I've been playing, Dmitri's been growing on me a LOT) I like a lot of the other house people though. I need to convince Ashe to come to my side. The freckles got me.

Finnuval and noajb like this.
  3. noajb

noajb Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I chose Black Eagles, I had a really hard time choosing though. But it's OK, I'll be playing all routes anyway. This is my first Fire Emblem too and I'm really liking it so far. I'm playing with permadeath turned on, but I don't think I'll be losing anyone because of the rewind feature and the fact that you can just retreat and still keep exp if you mess up too much. I nearly lost Bernadetta like three times (must protecc)

Finnuval likes this.
  4. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've played this *so* much since release it's crazy. I finished my Black Eagles play-through yesterday (50 hours), and I really feel like I got close to all of these characters I interacted with. I started a New Game+ (amazingly implemented!) immediately afterwards, to see the story from Golden Deer's perspective and playing on Hard this time.

This game is staggering in its scope.

Finnuval likes this.
  5. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Black Eagles, just because I love the bird Eagle =) which is my 2nd favo animal, no specific after that though =)

Finnuval likes this.
  6. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I really didn't like the FE Fates, or just the general direction of the franchise for the past few years, so I was pretty pessimistic about this game up until launch.
    But I really like this game.

I chose Black Eagles because it really felt like that's what the game wanted you to pick for the first playthrough. But I plan to play them all eventually.

Finnuval likes this.
  7. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not my first FE game but this iis the best on the series so far, imo.

I did what I ways do when presented with such a diffficult choice : restarted the game and tried out all 3 houses for about two hours before I eventually settled with Blue Lions :D

Gonna do the other two and the hidden path too ofcourse xD

8. Skoops

Skoops Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    FE veteran, played Golden Deer first and now doing black eagle. NG+ makes it pretty easy to poach (almost) everyone you want for your team, but I'm starting to realize I like the Empire characters more overall. Caspar, aka Sonic the hedgehog, best boy, best Boston accent in a FE game. Dorothea being coded as bisexual is a hoot, and I'm glad that I finally get some representation in Manuela, proof that aging alcoholics can still be sexy; don't @ me.

9. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I identify with Linhardt way too much. Also I went Golden Deer on my first playthrough, though I poached 3 Black Eagles students (Caspar, Lindhardt, Bernie).

I've watched my older son play through Blue Lion, and plan to New Game+ Black Eagle. Honestly there are just a lot of good characters in the game. I find that there are very few characters that I just don't like.

My Raphael got RNG screwed though and his Strength just refused to go up. So now I am just training him for heavy armor to be an Adjutant to someone else. Caspar kind of fills the same role he was going to have on my team anyway.

Also, the "Hilda! Hilda!" win quote cracks me up.

10. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Playing my first play through right now. I went Black Eagles. It was hard to pick between them and Golden Deer but so far I’m pretty dang hooked on Black Eagles. I ended recruiting just about everyone ‘cause I could. lol. Just got to part II the other night. I love a ton of the characters. Petra is adorable with her accent. I love Ashe’s freckles. :wub

11. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ashe is just a good boy. I'm disappointed there is no Ignatz/Ashe support so that we can have the goodest boys being good at each other.

(Also I am told that I murder games, as I had A Professor level already in the same chapter as the White Heron competition.)

I am currently trying to get Lysithea and Linhardt's support to be the highest on each of their cards as I
    wanted to get one of her endings where she gets cured of dying early from the double crest thing. Linhardt will save her ;_;

Also Ignatz and Marianne are really cute together. I love their C and B supports (which I've seen so far, haven't seen A yet).

... I really like the strategy game part but honestly I might be more invested in playing matchmaker...

Finnuval and Ms Littlefish like this.
  12. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I adore Ashe! He’s such a sweet guy! I’m with you on Marianne and Ignatz, too. They’re so cute!

Finnuval likes this.
  13. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I just hit act 2, and I had already gotten A+ Professor level, and done tons and tons of eating with students with all my action points... so when the act 2 started I had like.... 20 something A supports to do because they were all time locked to act 2.

I had to just save and quit for a while because I don't think I had the endurance to watch all those right now.

14. hero_buddy

hero_buddy artist and pro cat petter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i picked this game up on release, and i played some of it, but i put it down and haven't really come back to it in a few months. i'm getting back into the fire emblem mobage, though, so perhaps i'll get the itch to come back to FE3H too!

as for your query, i went with the black eagles, since you can be gay with edelgard, and i'm all about being a girl and being able to smooch girls.

15. Astel

Astel The (grey) knight with that funny look Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Edelgard did nothing wrong :kaoswt:

16. Nivlacart

Nivlacart Glue my hand to the tablet pen. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I find it so clever how they reused maps but they could at least make each house's starting point start at a different part of the map T_T
    NG+ is kind of hard to drag myself through to play...

I started with Golden Deer because going with witty Claude seemed more fun than following a political story I've yet to be invested enough to involve myself in.

Now I'm on Blue Lions and I feel every other story does feel more...purposeful or motivated than Golden Deer.
    The deers, they're just there for the ride, man.