Fireflies for background help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky89

Is proberly eating one of evmaster's Brownie's.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have found some fireflies, from @Wht_dagon now ive put this in characters this isn't working too well even with the options
like stepping etc on/off i have a black screen and i'm looking to get some sort of firefly effect going any ideas? Thank you.
1603072329569.png

evmaster

Is probably eating a brownie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure why you have a black screen, sounds like something your game is doing. I'm having a little trouble understanding at the moment. But it sounds like you just want the event to have stepping on?

A regular charset has 4 rows for 8 sprites total. The first facing down, then left, then right, then up.
Stepping just moves the sprite will keep changing frames (the illusion of animation)

I'm not sure how you want to use this firefly event. Is it moving around? Is is standing still?

Edit: Maybe add $ to the front of the file name if the charset file isn't a regular sized one?

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean my background is black ( dark abyss ) i'm just after some floating looking like fireflies or simular.
like a weather effect or something, to move around the screen like blowing leafs etc.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the file has been set as a transparent png?

Journey_Sticks

Builder of Stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used two simple firefly effects, in the "!Flame" stock character sheet, there is a firefly/will-o-wisp, if you scale it down it does well. I later added Khaz's awesome lighting script and I fooled around with it until I had "glowing flickering lightening bugs. I hope this helps. Still not sure on the black abyss...

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Journey_Sticks @EpicFILE @evmaster this is my tunnel map to another.. see the green dot that is the firefly.. but as shown at the top of the thread that is also the image it came from. i used it as character in the events. but thats not what i think i need.. Journey_sticks you got a image you can share trying to imagine it looks. thanks all 1603080954913.png

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Journey_Sticks @EpicFILE @evmaster this is my tunnel map to another.. see the green dot that is the firefly.. but as shown at the top of the thread that is also the image it came from. i used it as character in the events. but thats not what i think i need.. Journey_sticks you got a image you can share trying to imagine it looks. thanks all View attachment 164402
Some character sheet have different dimension and scaling compared to the normal ones.
As @Journey_Sticks says, try to put "!" on the file name. (example : !Fireflies)
It'll scale accordingly.

Edit : I might interpret your question wrongly, but hope it can help

Last edited:

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some character sheet have different dimension and scaling compared to the normal ones.
As @Journey_Sticks says, try to put "!" on the file name. (example : !Fireflies)
It'll scale accordingly.

Edit : I might interpret your question wrongly, but hope it can help
I think you have lol, but even so its one step i haven't ruled out i'll give it a go anyways. thanks.

Journey_Sticks

Builder of Stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Journey_Sticks @EpicFILE @evmaster this is my tunnel map to another.. see the green dot that is the firefly.. but as shown at the top of the thread that is also the image it came from. i used it as character in the events. but thats not what i think i need.. Journey_sticks you got a image you can share trying to imagine it looks. thanks all View attachment 164402
Here, I just cobbled these together. I made the firefly and used the provided image from !Flame, so any credits need only go to Kadakowa if you want to use or share it.

Attachments

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here, I just cobbled these together. I made the firefly and used the provided image from !Flame, so any credits need only go to Kadakowa if you want to use or share it.
will give it a whirl thank you!

Sparky89

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OKay this works !! great thank you the only issue is that the bugs when going down aren't facing down lol. but will keep it thank you so much !

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKPoliandro