First Choice in Show Choices Branch failing to run scripts?

Larena

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to set up a section in a cutscene where a player can optionally get information on the main character, or skip it and continue the game. I wantd to have the game cut away to a black screen as it displayed the character's bio, and to do that I'm using Galv's Camera and Zoom plugins to basically focus and zoom in on an area outside of the bounds of the map, which appears as a black screen. The problem is I can't get the camera to go back once it does this. The game skips those scripts, and just displays the next text box, and the player can't move.
The second choice where you skip all that works fine, the cutscene continues as normal and I'm able to have the camera zoom out and the player is able to move around.
What's going wrong here?
choicebug.pngchoicebug2.png

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Moved to Plugin Support, since a Plugin is the clear source of your issue.

You may want to try using something like a Galv.ZOOM.move command to move back to your original location, instead of Galv.ZOOM.restore or whatever, if that restore command isn't working properly.

However, the easiest solution would probably be to use the standard Fadeout Screen event command, or a Show Picture command that is simply a huge black rectangle (you can fade/zoom that rectangle as you please). That would give you the black background for text that you need, and it would be a lot easier than using Galv's camera plugin, unless you really like the specific visual effects that Galv's camera plugin is giving you for this scene.

Warilized

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to have the game cut away to a black screen as it displayed the character's bio, and to do that I'm using Galv's Camera and Zoom plugins to basically focus and zoom in on an area outside of the bounds of the map, which appears as a black screen.
What's going wrong here?
You can ditch that and use fadeout instead, display the character information textbox and then use fadein when done. Right?

Unless you wanted to achieve similar but different effect than that.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi!
I think this camera commands are not script calls. They are plugin commands. Check the last event command page.

EDIT
"CAM SPD"
CAM 7 13
CAM DISABLE
CAM PLAYER"
etc...

Larena

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh does Fadeout make the screen black *until* you use Fadein again? That... would make a lot of sense if so

Warilized

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh does Fadeout make the screen black *until* you use Fadein again? That... would make a lot of sense if so
yes it would only make the screen goes black, but you still can show textbox.

Larena

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked! Thanks so much. Sorry for being a complete cornball and thinking i had to make things way more complicated than necessary
:yswt:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*sigh* I'm so sick of this heat! :kaosigh::kaoeh:

Between Rona and MZ, might as well buckle down and get serious in dev
I did it. I finish the test after 2 days 6 different subjects. Now I'm freeeeeeee
Got a nice little platform coming along backwards compatible with MV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ju9SW