DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am evolving my combat system and wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to implement a first person weapon animation. I'm using first person combat in MV and I have all of the Yanfly plugins.

What I'm looking for is this:
*Player attacks with a weapon and you get an animation (3 - 9 images/frames) and SE moving across the enemy
*Change weapon and you get a different animation and SE

This seems like it shouldn't be too difficult but the only thing that I can think of at the moment is either A) making an animation in the database for each weapons skill (this works ok, but it looks sort of shiny/shimmery) or B) making a SV sprite to represent the weapon and using the Yanfly SV plugins to move them around the screen.

Kind of going for a NeoGeo "Crossed Swords" aesthetic but (maybe without) the silhouette.

Any suggestions?
1610326079020.png

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another example from RPG Maker would be in "Escape from Greyrock" they seem to use first person weapon animations with multiple frames and sprite without the shimmery effect. Any ideas how this could be done in MV?

Thanks!

1610370092851.png
You can see a good example in the video below at 1:45.

Attachments

• 1610369941788.png
    1610369941788.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
What you are trying to do is the default battle view for every RPG Maker, Those effects in the video are normal animations.

You can disable the side-view on the system database tab, uncheck the "Use Side-view Battle" option:
1610411702222.png

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your reply @stramin ! I'm already doing it on the front view, but I suspect it is different than simply an animation. There is an arrow that comes from off the bottom of the screen and than hits the target and turns into an animated flame. I'm guessing it is a move picture event some how but I will experiment with it some more.

Thanks again.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, you can do all that and more with animations, in previous RPG Maker version it was quite common to find arrow animations in the default database, but in the latest versions (MV and MZ) they are focused in the side-view.

On RMMV, on the animations database you can find one called "Arrow Special" (ID: 29)

1610494965454.png1610495046627.png

This animation is not used in any skill, you should create a new skill and add this animation to use it.

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @stramin , that helps! Think I am able to get the effect I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ISDOLSGAMES