sokita

Crawling back to the surface
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I think my first RPG was MMO called Nexia The Kingdom of The Wind, because I got access to the internet first before my mother bought me a PSX. That is why I'd became familiar quickly with RM mapping style

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Might and Magic I. I had no idea what I was doing and just ran around randomly fighting monsters and trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. But, I still managed to have fun with it, so that's what matters, right?

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Vandal Hearts

Seriously. The sight of the blood gushing out of the NPC's body when they got killed is what makes me jump into this game!

(I saw my friend playing this game when I paid him a visit)

Before, I was just Survival Horror player until I found this game.

Vandal Hearts has also been the one getting me into playing and loving other RPG games ever since.

Thanks, Vandal Hearts....

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy IV, and Earthbound were among some of my first RPGs. Oh, and of course Pokemon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Venthros

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The very first RPG I've ever played was Ultima: Exodus for the NES. I have the original cart I had as a kid with the same game save still intact, even after ~20 years!

I also still have my original PS1 memory card from 1998 that contains my original FFVII save. Good times!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The absolute first Rpg was actually Alundra:

Tl55dKV.jpg

It's the game that made me interested in Rpgs in general. I was a little kid when it was released and I remember that my best friend had this game on his PSX back then, so I used to go at his house everyday and we played it together (he was playing, I was watching and giving him hints) untill my father bought me the PSX and the game too. I didn't finish it back then though, mainly because I was a kid and very inexperienced too...some puzzles of this game were too hard for me at that time. Some of you old PSX veterans might remember it, it's a very good action Rpg that some describe as a Zelda clone (probably because they lack better references) and an awesome game overall, with a classic plot but very well made and enjoyable. After this I played the amazing Wild Arms (the first one, still for PSX) and totally became an Rpg addict.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
FFVI, took me probably years (I was pretty young) to get maybe halfway through the game, I remember to this day how amazing the Magitek Factory felt the first time.

Also my stebdad hated it, which probably increased my like of the game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization
One year on, one year off seems to be my theme lol
unknown.png

Finished coloring her and giving her different character portraits. Wanted to show a few of them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanisasr