First RPG game you ever played

Txai

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just bought both Shining Force games on Steam! I've never played them before, but they sure have that classic retro look to them.
Yeah, I love that retro anime art style.

Yulia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first one that I played from start to finish was Skies of Arcadia, but before that I played FFVIII, FFVII and Fallout a little.

Rehjul

not a good person
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pokemon for me. This thread is fun for bringing up nostalgia.
My first 'big' RPG that I recall was Final Fantasy VII. I was so infatuated with the idea of Sephiroth, lol.

Grantronic4

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Technically my first RPG was Pokemon Blue, but before that I played a Demo of Final Fantasy VII in a rental store when I was probably 6 years old. You started out the bombing mission with Aerith, Cloud and Barret I believe. Which was quite interesting for a demo of that game. I also had no idea what I was suppose to do, just thought it looked cool haha.

bjenks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Technically my first RPG was Pokemon Blue, but before that I played a Demo of Final Fantasy VII in a rental store when I was probably 6 years old. You started out the bombing mission with Aerith, Cloud and Barret I believe. Which was quite interesting for a demo of that game. I also had no idea what I was suppose to do, just thought it looked cool haha.
I remember playing the Final Fantasy VII demo on my parents computer. It was the scene where you are running along the train tracks. I thought it was so different and interesting.

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mine was D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun, I remember it mostly through naming all the characters after close family, getting a game over - and then watching your home town destroyed ending in a shot of your parties graves.

hoo boy.

Saviourself

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first RPG was Pokémon Red. I still remember playing my Original GameBoy under a lamp for hours with an extra pack of AA batteries beside me just incase of an emergency lol. A new Pokémon Trainer was born that day.

Tifa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pokemon Pearl, back in 2007.
As for fantasy RPG, my first was Dragon Quest IX, back in 2010. So much has changed in eight years.

Spoofuss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
My first RPG was Dragon Warrior on the NES, and on the SNES my first RPG I played on it and to this day still enjoy playing, is Secret of Evermore.

AsuranFish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I beat Dungeons and Dragons: Cloudy Mountain on the Intellivision when I was three years old, Legend of Zelda when I was six, and later got my hands on Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy for NES.

Not sure if you can count the first two, and I'm also not sure which of the second two I beat first. Pretty sure I played Dragon Warrior briefly first, because I remember dreading the Wraith Knights.

Drenz

Forever Desdamona
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
First RPG I ever played? Final Fantasy 8. And I remember thinking to myself... like... what is this? This is so much different than games like Spyro the Dragon.

It was love at first sight. Squall is in the top five of my favorite characters.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz