HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First rpg I ever played was Final Fantasy on NES. It sparked my love for rpg's, been a fan ever since.

KrimsonKatt

Pyromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Outside of Pokemon, it was technically DQ1 on Gameboy, but I never left the first room lol. For game I actually completed, that would probably be Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Since then I've beaten every M&L game outside of Partners in Time (which I never played) and was devastated when the series was cancelled last year. I actually haven't really beaten that many RPGs, but I know I have beaten Chrono Trigger, Fire Emblem Fates Birthright, Fire Embem Awakening, Fire Emblem Echoes, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Kingdom Hearts DDD, II, BBS, and III, Final Fantasy I Advance and XII:TZA, Bravely Second, and a couple others I can't quite remember. I also own FF3, FFIV Advance, FFIV DS, FFIV-2 DS, FFV Advance, FFV PC, FFVI SNES, FFVI Advance, FFVI PC, FF7 PS4, OG FF8 PC, FF10/10-2 PS4, base FFXV, FE6, FE7, FE8, Raidiant Historia DX, Takes of Vesperia DX, Octopath Traveler, Dragon Quest I, II, and III Dragon Quest XIS, Pokemon MD2, Pokemon MD3, and Horizon Zero Dawn but I haven't beat any of them and the only one I'm currently playing though I'd DQXI. I also have beaten Zelda Majora's Mask, Links Awakening, Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild and Pokemon BW2, BW1, Conquest, HGSS, XY, ORAS, SM, RBY, GSC, and SWSH but I don't think those count lol.

Edit: I've also beaten Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Symphony of the Night, and Portrait of Ruin but also own Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance. Still trying to get my hands on Order of Eclisia. So rare!

Edit 2: Changed the X to XY for consistency..

Edit 3: Also of note is that I didn't play DQ1 on the actual Game Boy Color or even on an emulator. I played it on some weird flash-game site that had an emulator built-in so you could play Game Boy and Game Boy color games. I remember making it all the way up to Clair on Crystal before the emulator crashed and my save data got corrupted. The site even had some bootlegs, like in infamous Pokemon Diamond! (Not actually Pokemon Diamond like I thought. I was actually a poorly translated bootleg version of some pokemon ripoff game from Japan lol.)

Last edited:

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Somehow, it was a tie between Pokemon Blue and Final Fantasy 7. Even if I only played FF7 at my one friend's house back when with him. Even so, Super Mario RPG is a close third.

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Super Mario RPG- Legend of the Seven Stars.

I rented it from the local video rental store. (Back when they existed.) It had a small collection of NES and Super NES games available alongside the movies. I rented that game every chance I could get. I could only keep it over the weekend. And every time I rented it I had to start a new game. Eventually someone else rented it and never returned it. So I never got a chance to beat it until years later when it was released on the Wii Virtual Console. To this day it remains as one of my favorites.

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I think my first to ever see and play was Pokemon Red where I used Squirtle. But since so many people played Poke'mon first, I'll mention my second. I didn't really understand what an RPG was until I played Final Fantasy X and it really blew my mind. Still one of my favorites in the series to this day as its atmosphere is just incredible and it is rewarding to play even if I usually prefer a true level up system. But I also watched my father play Final Fantasy VII around when it came out, but he didn't get too far into it. The most significant game came after with Parasite Eve. I was technically too young to be seeing a game like that but it was so cool to me to see a mature game and my dad actually played it a lot despite him being pretty faithless with games and emotional themes in media. For some reason, it feels like I didn't play Poke'mon or see Final Fantasy VII before Parasite Eve. It's also kind of funny that because of the bad memory card system, I was afraid to touch the Playstation 1 RPGs which could hold 100 hours of lost time if accidentally deleted. And we actually had quite a few memory cards along with an advanced one that digitally held like 8 memory cards worth of memory, but that just made it more intimidating for me...

the8utcher

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i don't remember exactly, but it's either final fantasy 9 or pokemon stadium

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Poke'mon Stadium isn't an RPG... You can't level up Poke'mon in that game in isolation and most of the modes were tests of skill composition. (The stadium games were even based upon the competitive scene in Japan, starting with a game that didn't actually release overseas.)

WarriorZero

Ok Coder, So-So Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An old ps2 game series called .Hack
(dotHack)

In my opinion it was quite underrated, it was really good (even if it was a bit repetitive).

Last edited:

the8utcher

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Poke'mon Stadium isn't an RPG... You can't level up Poke'mon in that game in isolation and most of the modes were tests of skill composition. (The stadium games were even based upon the competitive scene in Japan, starting with a game that didn't actually release overseas.)
fair point, I was thinking wither pokemon stadium counted as an rpg or not before posting, but now that I think about it I think my 1st rpg was pokemon from the gameboy, though I remember mostly playing Vietnamese crystal the bootlegged pokemon crystal and it was a nightmare because of the bad translation

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hard to remember as i grabbed a lot of rpgs at the same time when i was little so the order is a bit shuffled i tried the first Zelda on the NES but i was too little to understand its greatness, sometime passed and then i actually played an rpg to completion, my first its either Breath of Fire IV, Legend of Legaia, Pokemon Gold or Final Fantasy 1, i know those 4 were my first RPG experiences and after those i started playing all the RPGs i could find, my most favorite genre and close top to stealth games.

Stragot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Maybe minecraft?

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Final fantasy 9 or Legend of the dragoon I dont remember which was first.

Concidering getting the switch version of 9...maybe 7 too but I have a special love with 9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?
Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillFex