First RPG game you ever played

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Official Lost Souls, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Knightmare

Knightmare Knight of the Night Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The original Dragon Quest (Warrior.)  Good times. 

SomaelCK likes this.
  2. Industrial Gamer

Industrial Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    First RPG I played was Pokemon Leaf Green, good times.

3. rcamus

rcamus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Old school Dungeons and Dragons (with the Dungeon Master, character sheets, dice rolling goodness)! 

BUT as for a video game RPG, it would have to be Super Mario RPG. Beautiful first JRPG for me.

kaukusaki likes this.
  4. neko-niki

neko-niki Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hmm~ I think my first was either FF8 or Chrono Cross! 

5. Amuseum

Amuseum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    probably Ultima IV

6. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Pokemon Red (cuz blue was lame)

Next was Pokemon Gold

And after that it was Golden sun (I loved that game and its sequel)

Finally Fire Emblem (first one released in the US) and then as many RPGs as I could (became my favorite genre).

(I may have played some console rpgs inbetween, but I am uncertain which ones I played first on consoles).

NeoFantasy likes this.
  7. gundriveth

gundriveth Medievaliant Veteran

First Language:
    Bahasa
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My first rpg would be Legend of Zelda on SNES!

"It`s dangerous to go alone! Take this!" stays forever in my mind.

8. Tu-Face

Tu-Face Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Pokemon Yellow; I never beat it though cuz I was young and didn't really understand the concept of a well-balanced team lol. I only leveled up my pikachu (who ended up being lvl 80 or something), but he wasn't much use against the elite four  ;_; .

kaukusaki likes this.
  9. Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt Mega Man Volnutt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Pokemon Diamond.

However I don't consider that a true RPG anymore. Final Fantasy 3 was my first true RPG.

10. LusianL

LusianL Lord Charset Veteran

First Language:
    Italia
    Crystalis for nes

[​IMG]

=")

kaukusaki likes this.
  11. AMGLime

AMGLime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My first, and favourite RPG I ever played was Final Fantasy VI. When it was III on the SNES.

I remember the day like it was yesterday, I was visiting my fathers place and he just bought it. I was Two or Three at the time, and that was our thing. He'd play video games, and I'd watch him, my sister spent time with my grandmother. He had his save slot in Mt. Koltz on the way to find Sabin, and we stayed up all night and I watched him play through up until Vector and the Magitek Facility.

I knew, even at that age that I found the game genre I loved. I watched him play Super Mario, I watched him play Star Fox, and I watched him play A Link to the Past. But this, this was the game for me. I didn't actually get to play the game untl I was 5, but he gave me his SNES and a bunch of games, and I put in easily over 100 hours over two save files on that game, careful not to delete his as he never did complete it. But I had two complete files, one where I had Ragnarok to teach me Ultima, another where I learned Ragnarok from the Hero Shield and had Illumina instead. That game was my life, and what first made me look up secrets online, I didn't want to miss out anything.

Here I am now, 25. I have the original SNES cartridge, the PSOne Anthology Port, The GBA Port, The PSN version I have it on my Phone and I just bought the Steam Version. I love and support this game to the moon and back, it's wonderful.

12. Secret Machines

Secret Machines Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The original Zelda (NES) then SNES A link to the past(I borrowed from my friend).  I meet people all the time now that say I love zelda an when asked they've never played the original zelda or even A link to the past on SNES haha.  I get there are always great games and it happens to be just whichever one you come into contact with at important points in life, but it's still funny to hear haha.  

13. ARMR

ARMR Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Super Mario RPG was the first one I ever played, though I didn't know what an RPG was at the time. I just though it was a Mario game with a different game system and that you had infinite lives.

First RPG I played that I finally understood what an RPG was, was Final Fantasy 7

14. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So most of my first games were all from watching my mom play. Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear, Mega Man, Mario... we pretty much had all the consoles. I also hid and watched the scary titles she liked even though I couldn't play any of them without freaking out.

But my first games that I actually played through all by myself (and remember!) was Beyond the Beyond. I'm pretty sure it was a Playstation game.

15. Prodigy 1216

Prodigy 1216 Prodigious Member Veteran

First Language:
    Malanglish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Suikoden II was my first and it gave me a lot of experience on RPG's. Became a fan of one until I found FF8. :p

16. Bakuda

Bakuda The Music Man Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Some may debate whether or not Zelda is really an RPG, but I grew up with the NES and Zelda was by far my favorite game on that console. So many good memories playing that game.

17. UNphiltered_khaos

UNphiltered_khaos Game Dev. Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I honestly don't remember if it was Dragon Warrior, which we got for free with a subscription to Nintendo Power, or Final Fantasy 1. Either was, I was hooked to epic games ever since then, with Xenogears and Parasite Eve being my 2 favorites.

18. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Pokemon FireRed was the first rpg I ever "played" I put quotations because it was my cousin's and all he ever let me do was walk around town so the poison would wear off. (why he didn't go to a poke-center I will never know) But the first Rpg I ever really played was Oblivion (as far as I can remember) even at seven years old I loved creating characters and always gave mine a backstory, the funny thing is in Oblivion in order to level up you have to sleep in a bed and despite my brother and cousin telling me this I never listened so I just stayed at level one.

kaukusaki likes this.
  19. Prizm Daystar

Prizm Daystar Social Butt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I like your style there.

My first RPG played, however...I can't remember if it was Final Fantasy II(4) or Dragon Warrior(Quest) III.  They were both within a year of each other in terms of when I played them, but my memory's fuzzy as to which one was my actual first.

And I was terrible at them because I didn't comprehend or respect the need to grind for gear and levels back then...

20. UNphiltered_khaos

UNphiltered_khaos Game Dev. Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lol, I remember when we got Dragon Warrior (free with a subscription to Nintendo Power!) we got a guide with it. It recommended being level 6 to fight the first boss, the Green Dragon. I jacked my character, GRINDED FOR DAYS, until he was level 12. Then I kicked that Dragons ass so hard. The game was a cakewalk at that point. I have never grinded like that again. I think I was in 1st grade.

kaukusaki likes this.