LaFlibuste

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
My very first was FFIV (FFII at the time). I remember being stuck on the first elemental fiend's battle (Milon on Mount Ordeal) forever :p

svarn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Hah so many people started with final fantasy series :D

Same here, I remember seeing final fantasy 7 at my friend's place when I was 11, and I was mind blown that a game can look like that ^ ^

I think that I got it as a gift from my uncle 6 months later, my pc could barely handle it.

ryanfrogger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My first RPG game was Mario & Luigi: Superstar Sega, and ever since I've adored the franchise and the genre of games. 

Clangeddin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Either Secret of Mana or Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of Eternal Sun.

I honestly don't remember which one was first anymore :unsure:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe it was Curse of the Azure Bonds (D&D Goldbox) for the Commodore 64. It was either that or Ultima 5.

Kafutschga

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think the first RPG that I ever played was Fable on the xbox of my best friend, when I was 7 years old :D

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The first RPG game I played was Diablo, if I could remember correctly. I didn't play JRPG back when I was a kid.

The first JRPG I played was Laxius Power.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The Clou!

A role playing burglar simulation BD

Best game ever (ok, I admit that chrono trigger is good, too)! I still play it from time to time, because it brings back so much memories. And it has timeless pixel art and still very good gameplay! I will never forget the look my father gave me when I told him "I want to become a professional burglar!" :D

The game still has a small fanbase and luckily they made it open source.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cosp/?source=recommended

Last edited by a moderator:

GotMop

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can remember playing Dragon Wars on the 5.25 Floppy. To ensure that it had a deep story, the game came with a book to use as a reference for certain plot points

Dragon%20Wars_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Grew up in the 90's, so of course Final Fantasy 7. I still have the copy from when I was a kid, although I play the ps3 digital version when I want to play through again. 

DarkBooDev

Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shining Force: Legacy of Great Intention and Shining Force 2, good games that are sadly overshadowed by other strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem.

aqua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Final Fantasy VII. It was the best experience of my elementary school life and continues, to this day, to be a huge inspiration in my art and writing.

Currently re-playing again on the PC for the I-don't-even-know-how-many-th time. It legit never gets old. Super stoked for the remake, but I could probably go on like this forever. ♥

AeonixG

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Suikoden II back when I had my first PS1 console..I'm still playing it now in my tablet with emu :x

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Eh, I'm not very sure but the first I remember playing is Final Fantasy VII, which just so happens to be my favorite FF, and I don't think it's a "because it's the first I played," situation. I played Ocarina of Time first but my fav Zelda is Majora's Mask, for example. xD.

IamGilgamesh

Game Developer - Rapper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm like 90% sure it was Castle of the Winds.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyface3864