First Seed Material / REFMAP gone; resource recovery operation go!

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Their license allowed use in and out of RPG Maker, regardless of which maker you legally own; so yes, they can all be used for Ace. However, only the ones in VX were formatted for VX (which by definition means they will work in Ace as well). So if you use the ones that were made with 2K/3 in mind, you'll have to reformat them to work, including reconfiguring the size to be 32x32 and redoing the auto tiles so they work with Ace's auto tile format.

Very much worth it, though, to put in the effort to convert the 2k/3 Mack tiles, since VX only received about a quarter of the total Mack resources that 2K/3 received.

That 2003 project file has some very useful things, thank you for the reminder.  Now we can legally use them correct?
That is what I keep hearing, since Mack's stuff was original.

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is what the license said prior to the site going down. I copied it into a word doc for my own use at the time, and it's probably a good thing I did. Whether or not the closing of the site (and what becomes of the site in the long term) changes these terms, I don't know.

Also note this only applies to the REFMAP materials on the site. Anything that was edited by others or provided within their community, those probably have other terms and may or may not be allowed commercial use.

[SIZE=12pt]Although our resources are distributed as a free material, this does NOT mean "copyright abandoned". It only means "no charge to use" and "no need to ask our permission". All of the right of our graphic data is reserved by REFMAP.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When you use our resources, please indicate in READ ME file (or in somewhere a player can recognize) author name "REFMAP", URL of this website (http://www.tekepon.net/fsm) and mention of using the resources of REFMAP in your game. Moreover, please clearly forbid extracting image data and using them from your game. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Please write in your READ ME file like this: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"Some (All) of graphic data in this software are free game resources distributed by REFMAP(http://www.tekepon.net/fsm).
You must not use the graphic data which is in this software, for the purpose except playing this game. When you want to get these resources, go to the website above."
[/SIZE]

dismyword

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sorry for posting on an old thread

Last edited:

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hey Ive been working on the conversion of the first seed material 2k3 tile sets iḿ currently converting them over into Vx/Ace format its alot of editing and id share my conversions but am not sure if its ok to do so???:(

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
:owow really ill go check it out It looks like its ok for me to share edited resources:guffaw:Iḿ safe then thank you so much for the update on that new site @slimmmeiske2 :wub

wwsnkneo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Hey, i discovered these chars are from mac & blue/refmap/fsm. Their license applies to these too?

Attachments

LazyPanda19

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a question.. were there ever any base sprites made in mack's style?.. sorry for my ignorance but I only started using rpg maker last year and I also don't know if it'd be ok to try making a base sprite out of one of mack's sprites.. I hope it's alright for me to ask this. thank you for reading and for helping people have access to the resources.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's a male/female base yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
Have you already checkes out my mapping tutorial on the blog? I would love to hear your feedback and things you'd like to see in the future!

one of character for my upcoming game idk how to design o_O

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Note: lol, posting this made me find a couple mistakes.
Why VX/VX Ace is a little Neglected?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Versitax