Fishing Mechanic

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by ThePirateShantae, Aug 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThePirateShantae

ThePirateShantae Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, this is my first time posting here so this will be heavily flawed. I've come to ask for help with a fishing mechanic sort of reminiscent to the "Variables Guide" fishing but with a different system. So what I'm thinking is something where you cast the lure, it waits a specific amount of time and then you have to hit "z" to real it in, just like in the Variables one but I want it to have the specific times be for specific fish, but also have the "hit Z to real" function in. I cannot figure it out and I know It's a lot to ask but I'd just like to know if anyone could help. Thank you. 

2. araraf

araraf 'Poop' /Araraf Companies/ Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Can you please post a link to the guide? >.<

3. ThePirateShantae

First Language:
    English
    I'm sorry, I really should have. 

4. araraf

araraf 'Poop' /Araraf Companies/ Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Aaand... What you already have? Like I mean, do you have for example the lure part, or randomly generated fishes part?

Edit: Well, I have to try it out, but should be enough to add a conditional branch on button being pressed in the fisihnig event from the tutorial. Saddly I gotta go so I wonn't be able to...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  5. ThePirateShantae

First Language:
    English
    sorry again, I'm completely new to the whole forum board. No I do not have any example, I actually lost the drive it was on so I thought I'd ask here for help. I'm very sorry.