Madre_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everybody; This is not a request for someone to create a plugin like this, but rather, a question whether one like this exists for RPG Maker MZ.

I began my project originally with RPG Maker MV. One plugin I used was the Yanfly Party System (Plugin 29) which, among other things, allowed you to change the maximum allowed number of characters participating in battle from the standart four. The story of the game I am working on is centered around a party of five, which is why all five of them were (in MV) able to fight at the same time.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find any plugin for MZ that allows me to change the amount of battlers in combat. Does anyone know of a plugin that allows me to change the amount of party members able to at once participate in a battle?

Thank you very much for your help.

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
began my project originally with RPG Maker MV. One plugin I used was the Yanfly Party System (Plugin 29) which, among other things, allowed you to change the maximum allowed number of characters participating in battle from the standart four. The story of the game I am working on is centered around a party of five, which is why all five of them were (in MV) able to fight at the same time.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find any plugin for MZ that allows me to change the amount of battlers in combat. Does anyone know of a plugin that allows me to change the amount of party members able to at once participate in a battle?

use Project Fossil, Allow to using MV Plugins into MZ

ScytheX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everybody; This is not a request for someone to create a plugin like this, but rather, a question whether one like this exists for RPG Maker MZ.

I began my project originally with RPG Maker MV. One plugin I used was the Yanfly Party System (Plugin 29) which, among other things, allowed you to change the maximum allowed number of characters participating in battle from the standart four. The story of the game I am working on is centered around a party of five, which is why all five of them were (in MV) able to fight at the same time.

Thank you very much for your help.
this should be what you want you have to buy it thought

Madre_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
this should be what you want you have to buy it thought

I already have this plugin (and paying is optional) but unfortunately, it only allows you to have a second party you have at the ready at any time; What I want is five actors actively out at the same time, able to fight, rather than being able to switch in ones mid combat.

ScytheX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I already have this plugin (and paying is optional) but unfortunately, it only allows you to have a second party you have at the ready at any time; What I want is five actors actively out at the same time, able to fight, rather than being able to switch in ones mid combat.
you can do that in with that plugin. did you not go in to the settings?

Attachments

• partychange1.png
    partychange1.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 11
  • partychange2.png
    partychange2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • partychange3.png
    partychange3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

Loch_LeBlanc

It's super ineffective.. ya dork!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One technique you could try is going into your game's rpg_objects Javascript file in the js folder. Select edit, then select tools, select the "find" tools, then search the following:
Game_Party.prototype.maxBattle
When you've done that, you should see this:1652729542069.pngNow that you've found this, change the "4" (circled) to whatever number of actors you desire!
(e.g. if you wish to have 8 party members at a time, change the 4 to an 8.)

Once you've changed your desired actor amount, save the rpg_objects file, then playtest!

Enjoy!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Once you've changed your desired actor amount, save the rpg_objects file, then playtest!
Just as a quick note, it is always good form to put any changes to the game engine code into a separate .js file and include it as a plugin.

That way, if you update your core scripts to take advantage of a new version of MZ, you won't lose all of the changes you made.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Signing divorce papers today. Still makes no sense to me that this is a step I need to take to get my hubby the help he needs and deserves :( Life is strange people and sometimes it throws you a curve ball you have no chance in hell of catching
Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
MacAdams wrote on Frogboy's profile.
Hey is there an MZ set of D&D style plugins yet?
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AloneSee9