Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
This error happens because you try to play a game in the web browser directly when running INDEX.HTML.

Modern browsers have a security system that prevents local files from trying to capture information from other sites via AJAX, but you can disable this security (CROSS-ORIGIN).

The tutorial is for the following browsers:
  • Google Chrome
  • Opera (Chromium)
  • Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome/Opera:
To disable use the following command line:
--allow-file-access-from-files

• Create a browser shortcut on the Desktop.
  • Right-click on it and select Properties.
  • In the "Destination" box enter the parameter after the second quotation mark with a space and save.

Mozilla Firefox:
In the browser address bar enter the following command:
about:config

Press [I'll be careful, I promise!] button.Do not change anything on this screen, just what was shown in the tutorial.

In the search field type:
security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy

Double click this item, it will change from "true" to "false".This is done, but you may need to restart the browser.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm using version 87 of Chrome, and it's working.
You must have written the command line without a space.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just installed IIS and tested from there. For more serious testing I have access to a friend's VPS :)

I honestly don't recall which method I used but most of them should be fairly easy to follow and then it's running off an actual website ( even if it's just your computer) so the browsers won't care.

I wouldn't recommend opening up your computer to be a full-blown webserver to the internet though unless you want to deal with additional security issues. Just keep it local. But overall it's a fairly good way to be able to test your HTML5 games without trying fake out your browser.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
In the Rpg Maker manual there is a tutorial teaching how to enable the local server in Windows.
(RPG Maker MV> Documentation> Local server configuration)
  1. MacOS
  2. Linux

But in this case, I showed you how to open index.html directly from Explorer, as a faster alternative.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.
There's a different game over screen for each of the 4 endings in Forest Star (my Touch the Stars game jam entry). Have you seen this one? :wink:
PartyGameOver.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinokami