Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
This error happens because you try to play a game in the web browser directly when running INDEX.HTML.

Modern browsers have a security system that prevents local files from trying to capture information from other sites via AJAX, but you can disable this security (CROSS-ORIGIN).

The tutorial is for the following browsers:
  • Google Chrome
  • Opera (Chromium)
  • Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome/Opera:
To disable use the following command line:
--allow-file-access-from-files

• Create a browser shortcut on the Desktop.
  • Right-click on it and select Properties.
  • In the "Destination" box enter the parameter after the second quotation mark with a space and save.

Mozilla Firefox:
In the browser address bar enter the following command:
about:config

Press [I'll be careful, I promise!] button.Do not change anything on this screen, just what was shown in the tutorial.

In the search field type:
security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy

Double click this item, it will change from "true" to "false".This is done, but you may need to restart the browser.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm using version 87 of Chrome, and it's working.
You must have written the command line without a space.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just installed IIS and tested from there. For more serious testing I have access to a friend's VPS :)

I honestly don't recall which method I used but most of them should be fairly easy to follow and then it's running off an actual website ( even if it's just your computer) so the browsers won't care.

I wouldn't recommend opening up your computer to be a full-blown webserver to the internet though unless you want to deal with additional security issues. Just keep it local. But overall it's a fairly good way to be able to test your HTML5 games without trying fake out your browser.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
In the Rpg Maker manual there is a tutorial teaching how to enable the local server in Windows.
(RPG Maker MV> Documentation> Local server configuration)
  1. MacOS
  2. Linux

But in this case, I showed you how to open index.html directly from Explorer, as a faster alternative.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Moar screenshots!!!
The full estate map(include 1F,2F,3F and backyard), yes the backyard is a small labyrinth as well as an entrance to a real labyrinth!
Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Braska_Elnor