Fix for 'escape' problem with Yanfly's battle plugin?

InklingRain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer. Is there a way to allow players to 'escape' while using Yanfly's plugin? When I click 'escape' the player leaves, but the battle continues.

Any help appreciated.
Best wishes,
Jennifer

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try to change value here:

(I Assume you are using Battle Engine Core plugin)

InklingRain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many thanks, I have already done this. The problem doesn't seem to be escaping - so much as the battle not ending after escaping.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess you have some other plugin that alters escape function, you must now review your plugin list and see if there is something related with escape ratio, hard to tell wich one, because we didn't see list of your plugins, try disabling them all (all of your plugins) and turn them one by one - that way you will eventually find wich one causes the problem.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I click 'escape' the player leaves, but the battle continues.
I'm assuming you're using an escape effect skill?
If that is the case, that has nothing to do with yanfly's plugins, it's already in the default.

The escape effect of the skill was never intended to be used by actors, it was only there for enemies.
The player should use the party command escape instead, that is why it is there.

InklingRain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Andar - thanks for this. I need an escape skill (or way to end the battle) using the event commands. If I can't use the escape effect skill, is there something else I can use?

I'm only using the Yanfly plugin, and before adding this I could end the battle by using ' ◆Force Action:Olly, Escape, Last Target' but this no longer works now.

Could someone please let me know an alternative that would end the battle?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or way to end the battle
that would simply be the abort battle command, or you could simply kill off/escape all enemies.
It depends on what exactly you want to get considering EXP and treasure of the enemies already killed before that moment.

InklingRain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I have tried both of these. The escape doesn't work for the enemies. The abort command does work but for some reason you need to select this option twice for it to work. Does anyone know why that might be?

If someone lets me know how, I can share any of the event page.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The abort command does work but for some reason you need to select this option twice for it to work.
that should not be the case, and it points to something wrong with your plugins.
are they in the correct order? can you give us screenshots of your plugin manager to check what might be the cause?

InklingRain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Andar,
Please find attached (and thank you for your continued help with this). At the time that the issue first occured I only had the top three. I've added more since.

plugins.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonAngel