snowy-scales

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i'm using the most recent update on steam, and on a brand new project. the only things i've done is exchange the music/battlebacks for the compressed versions, changed the window graphic, set it to side view battles, and changed the screen size in Community_Basic plugin to match the battle backs sizes.

the plugins i have are Community_Basic and MadeWithMV (which came pre-installed when making the project) and Yanfly's Grid-Free Doddads and the Doodad Expansion.

without Grid-Free Doodads the battlebacks load perfectly.

with Grid-Free Doodads the battlebacks become this:
JpJuarb.png

i just don't understand why adding grid-free doodads messes up the battlebacks? what on earth is going on?

Last edited:

VeryXInh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
i just don't understand why adding grid-free doodads messes up the battlebacks? what on earth is going on?
No it's not because Yanfly Grid Doodad but because you Community Basic plugin, just remove that one (or resize your battleback image)

snowy-scales

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
damn. i mean i was going to add Core Engine anyways, but why on earth won't Community Basic work with Doodads? that seems really weird.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot-Fuxs