[Fixed]Enemies won't do Damage

Kay0503

Novice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had this problem where my enemies won't do any damage and my database seems fine to those who have tried to help me already I thought asking here would help. Whats even more confusing is sometimes they do damage for one fight then stop the doing damage the second, third and so on.

Attachments

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say the enemies won't do damage, do you mean that they constantly miss the attack? Or that their attack lands, but does 0 damage?

Kay0503

Novice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say the enemies won't do damage, do you mean that they constantly miss the attack? Or that their attack lands, but does 0 damage?
It will say miss and 0

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's always doing 0 damage than it could be an error in your damage formula, or it could be that the actor stat(s) used for defending is higher than the enemy stat(s) being used for dealing damage. What damage formula are you using for the enemies attack skill?

Kay0503

Novice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the default for enemies and mine are miss.PNG

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so the you're using the default damage formula for the enemy that keeps missing?

a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 <<This? the damage formula for enemies does not use variables like screenshot??

If your damage formula is using variables, then you may went to check to make sure the variables are not being used by a plugin and being changed outside of your awareness. Or you may want to check that the variables you're using in the damage formula are not being changed in another event you have set up somewhere in your game.

Other than double checking what you're variables are set to, there doesn't appear to be errors in the damage formula you posted in the screen shot.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should also double check that your enemy's mat is higher than your party's mdf. There's a reason the standard formula multiplies attack by 4 and defense by 2, and it's because the two values both start around 30, and 30-30 = 0 damage.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pleae show a screenshot of your attack skill (the one in the action pattern of the enemy) instead of the fire skill.
and please show the entire window including the skill ID as that is an important information here due to the way how attack and guard work in the engine (you cut off the ID of the fire skill)

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What are the stats of your players in the party? Especially Agility and Defense - we saw the stats for the enemy.

Also, you're using a ton of plugins, do they have any states on that could be modifying the combat behavior?

Kay0503

Novice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I took out the variables for my skills

Kay0503

Novice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is only one party member fancy.PNG

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Vitality of 46? Yeah not much will be able to hurt you with that, as the formula is 4 * enemy ATK - 2 * your DEF (I assume that is Vitality here?) so any ATK at 23 or below will do 0.

Also you should show a screenshot of the actor's stats. Show all of it, as it is in the database, as well as the class for that actor.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also open game console (F8 key) and show screenshot whetter shows errors or no, if no, then @bgillisp is 99% right otherwise we will keep trying solve problem

If damage is 0 means enemy has higher defense than attacker has attack, or enemy/player is resistant to element you set in database.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, no, not Database, game console from battle - This!

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first enemy screen shot says attack is 24, this screen shot with actor stats says Vit (which I assume is def) is 46

24 * 4 - 46 * 2 = 4

So if you took the variables out of your attack skill formula and it's a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 then there should be 4 damage hitting the actor. But that would be without any variance. Do you have any variance percentage on your attack skill?

Edit: Oops, just noticed that you have variance set to 20%.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you checked to see if your actors resist the damage element that is being used when the enemy attacks? I noticed the Ice Lion enemy as Physical and Ice element assigned to attack, not sure about the enemy shown in your recent screenshot. Judging by Ice Lion stats and the formula, if your actor resists either Physical or Ice element damage, than that could account for why 0 damage is happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr