Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlySlightlySane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to program an encounter where my protagonist is joined by her first teamate, and it's not going exactly as I planned. See, the event is supposed to go: Protagonist talks to themselves as they walk (check), they hear a monster noise and freak out (check) ally suddenly appears and they have a short dialogue (check) battle ensues with ally in party (check) battle ends and the party continues on their merry way. That last step is where the wheels fall off. For some reason the diaglogue and batle sequence repeat indefinately, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've included a screen shot of my event script. I have it set on the sprite that is supposed to join my party. I wish I could explain more, but I'm more of a visual person and I don't know if I can upload multiple screen caps.

Did I mention I've only had the program for four days and have been looking for tutorials but none are really helping me as much as I need?battle bug.png

hiromu656

Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does the second page have a Condition for Self Switch A? If not, the scene will repeat due to the Autorun. If that's not the case, remove the "Exit Event Processing" - Both of them are unneccesary.

Actually, the Conditional Branch itself is also unneccesary, since the event will only appear when "Forest Encounter" is active, then there's no reason to double check if its on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The event is repeating because you exit event processing before the self-switch can turn it off, and autoruns automatically loop - being called again as soon as the exit event processing command is complete.

About the tutorials: You cannot learn the engine within a few days, I usually suggest making a tutorial project and follow the tutorials for about one month before starting with your own game...

Links to the most important tips and tutorials can be found in my signature

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You put an exit event processing command before you activate the self switch, that is probably the main issue.

OnlySlightlySane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, thank you so much guys! I feel silly for making such a silly mistake, especially since I'm actually in school for coding and similar things. I've got it working now! The whole event still runs a little rough, but at least it doesn't loop any more!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123