RMVXA Flag Simulator (4-minute mini-game)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by 573Games, Dec 21, 2017.

1. 573Games

573Games Punk Rawk Indie Dev Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

[​IMG]

SYNOPSIS
    Flag Simulator is a very short (~4 minutes) game about life, death, thinking, the first amendment, and coffee creamer.

You are a level 10 executive-type who makes several decisions each day, including who to hire, who to fire, whether to buy the good coffee creamer or the cheap stuff, and how high to fly the flag. Your assistant fills you in on the day's news; then you choose "Fly it high." or "Half-staff."

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://studio573games.itch.io/flag-simulator

Feedback
    Please let me know what you think! I'd love to get some interesting/humorous/thoughtful quotes to use as "back of the box quotes" for future promotion. And thanks for playing!

2. 573Games

573Games Punk Rawk Indie Dev Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey everyone! I just patched Flag Simulator. Version 1.0 had one ending, which was more of a non-ending. I now have 240 possible endings! Here are the patch notes:

1. Added new endings! There are now 240 possible endings! (Technically: the first part of the ending has 5 possibilities, the second bit has two options, the third part of the ending also has two branches, the fourth section has two ways it could go, and the final part of the ending has 6 possibilities; so that leaves 240 permutations, but you could see everything with only 6 smart play-throughs) . Your choices truly matter. Version 1.0 had one ending, which was really a non-ending.
    2. A new, upbeat song that doesn't randomly get loud halfway through.
    3. New title screen.
    4. Mapping adjustments to make the office look better.
    5. Shadow adjustments
    6. The front-credits have been shortened significantly.
    7. End credits have been adjusted to credit the new content.
    8. But fix: You can now walk behind a tall lamp on a desk.
    9. But fix: Jack attempts to face you when talking to you, even if you run around like crazy first thing every morning.