DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Flare Notification - vs 3.0
Darkness Falls

Terms: Credit must be given to me. Mit license means you can do what ever. 

free for commercial usage 

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UtquKkR.png[/IMG]

Flare Notifications allows you to create notification windows based on different events.

So lets create a notification:

FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]", stickToTop, fadeOutNearBottom);

This creates a notification window that will scroll down the game window fading in and then out at a specified rate given by the options.

As you can see we give the notification window some text. Optional values are stickToTop and fadeOutNearBottom which should be obvious what they do.

fadeOutNearBottom is calculated based on a plugin setting which lets you calculate when it it should start fading out.

All windows are added to a cue, first in first out.

For example an event can have:

FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]", false, true, {windoWidth: 900, windowX: 2, windowY: 90});FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]", true, false, {windoWidth: 900, windowX: 2, windowY: 90, fontSize: 20});// Options are passed in as an object:// windowWidth = The width of the notification window.// windowX = The x position of the window.// windowY = the y position of the window.// fontSize = the font size for the window.FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]");FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]");FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]");FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]");FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]");

This adds ten windows to an event that will then all be called.

ATTN!

If you have 1 or more notifications and you open a menu, enter a battle. we will play the next set of notifications. If you then open a battle or a menu we will remove any notifications currently on the screen. This is similar behavior to the map name.

Regarding windowY

If you set the window Y to low or too high you may never see the notification because the window moved down the y axis and as it does it fades out over time. That time can be adjusted how ever.

Event Based Notifications

Now you can enable a set of options to turn on event based notifications for weapons, armor, items, xp, gold, hp, mp and so on. There are a ton of individual event notifications that you can turn on or off so that you are not creating events all the time that contain notifications after a party gains x item or loses x hp.

These only trigger on events that require the player to some how activate them. They do not play in battle or in menus.

Event based notifications have options for the way the window looks and behaves including width, font size, stay at the top, how long till next window and so on. These options are different then self created notification window options and are individual for each type of event notification.

ATTN!!

Assume you have 6 events that play (all at once) as the player triggers them. The notification messages are added to a queue. The events will play out, level messages and other types of messages will play out associated with that event. these messages are known as $gameMessage's.

The notification event messages will play directly after according to how they were added to a queue.

How to get the script? Download Here.

FAQ:

How do I use this?

Download the dist/ script or make a new JS file called: Flare-NotificationWindow.js and then follow the above steps. Do not forget to save and enable the script.

Are there incompatibilities?

Not as far as I know? Post them if there is. Rules are: Screen shot of the error, console too if you have Yanflys core script. What you were doing, what caused the crash, what scripts you are using.

Can you add a feature?

Yes. Just let me know what you want and ill consider it. 

- I found a bug!

Follow the "Are there incompatibilities" rules for positing bugs. It helps me debug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, please add terms of use to your post. Specifically, how credit should be given, and terms for commercial use.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The post has been ben updated. Can't wait for feedback and suggestions.

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am not a big fan of the image uploader, click to make it bigger.
If you host the image on a site such as imgur or photobucket or something you can just use the img tags and put it behind a spoiler tag.

As for the plugin, it looks interesting, but I can't test it as I'm at work currently.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Cool let me know what you think

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Looking to see what people think , if theres any features or bug reports :D

Skotty TV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Hey there i think the idea is great :rock-left:   BD   :rock-right:  !

Is it possible to add the following:

- Choose if the notification moves down the screen or stays in the top left and simply fades in and out with opacity.

- instead of icons add the possibility to print stepping characters.

I want to create a message in the top left which says:

(SteppingChar.pic) "Player 2 is now in your team!"
with simple fade in and out.

Can you add this functions?

That would be so nice  :D

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The stepping character pic no, that is more complicated to do. Sorry.

The "choose where it stays" yes I can implement that.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There have been updates

vs 2.0 of the Notifications window is release with some breaking changes. Make sure to read the OP carefully.

Breaking changes

We now create notifications windows as such:

FlareNotification.notify("\\i[8] \\c[10]Hello World\\c[0]", sticktToTop, FadeOutNearBottom);Its simple to see whats going on: text, boolean, boolean.

The first boolean sticktToTop will over ride the setting in the plugin options and allow it to move to the bottom (false) or stick to the top (true). It is false by default.

The second boolean FadeOutNearBottom is false by default. how ever if set to true it will use the calculation in the plugin options to determine when to start fading out.

Non Breaking Changes

New plugin options for having a window or not, For determining how fast we should fade out near the bottom and if we should stick to the top of the screen unless over ridden in a script call.

Questions, comments, concerns

Please make sure you have read everything so that any concerns or questions are already answered. Should they not be feel free to post away.

• Couple bugs were caught after deployment. Make sure to upgrade.
  • Terms have been updated to allow for commercial usage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Commercial Use is allowed. Please credit me, if your game is popular enough and makes a significant amount of money I may reach out for a very tiny percentage.
Also not acceptable. Please see my comments on your other script and update the terms of use here accordingly.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@shaz, please see updated post. Again let me know if thats acceptable.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Small bump. 

Looking for feedback and suggested features :D  

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Slight bump. New features are coming :D any other ideas you guys have would be awesome :DDD

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have not had a chance to test this out yet, but is it possible for this to auto detect changes in the inventory and display them? More of a quality of life thing for game developers who are lazy or make a lot of random events.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have not had a chance to test this out yet, but is it possible for this to auto detect changes in the inventory and display them? More of a quality of life thing for game developers who are lazy or make a lot of random events.
this is one of the features I was thinking of :)

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That is wonderful. I see that you are asking for suggestions so I will try to think of some that many would find useful.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Slight bump. Requested features are slowly being worked on. Any additional features are greatly appreciated.

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It does not seem that there are any parameters for controlling the location of the notifications, size, or z level; unless I am missing something. Would it be possible to implement such?

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It does not seem that there are any parameters for controlling the location of the notifications, size, or z level; unless I am missing something. Would it be possible to implement such?
z level is impossible since JS does not have a Z level. 

As for position and location I will have the following for next Sunday:

• Slide in right (top and bottom) hand bottom corner and slide out
  • Slide in left (top and bottom) hand bottom corner and slide out
  • Size: Possibility width wise. This is still being played with. 
Any other suggestions are always welcome :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray9unn