Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Combat System:
Duel, Brawl, Skirmish and Battle.
Duel is like 1 on 1 King of Fighters game.
Brawl is like sideview or frontview party based combat.
Skirmish is like FF Tactics or Disgaea combat
System.
And Battle is like RTS combat system like Cossack or Red Alert 2

Multiple Lifeskills:
Farming, Breeding, Fishing, Lumberjack, Herbalism, Smithery,
Alchemy, Woodworking, Mining,
Mechanichery, Electronichery,
Botany, Geology, Anthropology,
Cosmology, Biotechnology

In-game goals:
Track down and Beat the Shades Conspiracy. A secret society which's been attempting to revolutionisingly make the world better place. But there's gravely somethiing fishy ever since the majority of the Defenders of of the Shades went missing, and replaced by "1000-Jahalooms".

Blue Gem Shades

Red Alert Shades

Yellow Sand Shades

White Trees Shades

Black Winds Shades

Rainbow Revenants Shades

Bronze Guts Shades

Silver Faith Shades

Gold Brave Shades

Righteous Shades

Raging Shades

Romance and Affection Shades

Help the biosoulcrafters and sourcerors at Archivelabraries' around the world to do their researches:

The Tanktop Engineers

The Yoga Romanseers

The Code Brutalists

The Aezlunde Freight Forwarders

The Sunderer and The Mounderer

The Landwielders

Ally yourself with The Rusted Bones Pirates, while also securing favours with Megaterrarock Navy, a world-stationed organisations of Navy which was founded by the legendary pirate and sea monster hunter, Avanhark Navius.

Challenge to a duel, and win, the Wuxia Pugilists, and Yooroawpean Fighters, gain fame, establiish your name, and then be approached and trackedd, unknown or
known by you, by veteran, master, grandmaster, epic, legendary or godlike fighters/pugilists.

Visit places and take quests, "every second counts"

The Lemorian Nation.

The Islands of Atlas.

The Muara Continent.

The Lotudian Outposts.

The Borneo Baeyu Shinobi Villages, Forests and Mountainhikes.

The Skyweaver Kingdoms.

The Shintorizidan Clan's Shrines.

The Churches of Oareion.

The Lairs, Habitats and Nests for Monster Hunting.

The Cairns of Sun and Moon.

The Yewaeissa Empire

Last edited:

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Spend close 2hours just to make this map.
But twas fun though :)
What do you think?

Attachments

• fs1.png
    fs1.png
    481.7 KB · Views: 24

Beewo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks pretty good I think, a lot of things for the eyes to get stuck on. However, and this might be only me but the tree parts in the black squares seem a bit mixed up somehow? They dont look as natural as the orange square.
Like in the yellow square there is a natural tree then suddenly theres a log on the upper left corner of it where the leaves should be. so a part seems to be missing. Seems to be stuff like that in all the black squares.

The cliff in the pink square seems a bit strange where the stone markings are missing also. The grass becomes extremely straight lined, and for me at least it looks a bit strange with the rocky parts missing.

My only other question is why classic big forest trees got palm trees as neighbours but I dont really know what trees are neighbours and it looks good so eh.

Sorry if I appear nitpicky but opinion was asked:p, all in all I like it though since its pleasant to have different things for the eyes to rest at.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    516.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Zaj

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks pretty good I think, a lot of things for the eyes to get stuck on. However, and this might be only me but the tree parts in the black squares seem a bit mixed up somehow? They dont look as natural as the orange square.
Like in the yellow square there is a natural tree then suddenly theres a log on the upper left corner of it where the leaves should be. so a part seems to be missing. Seems to be stuff like that in all the black squares.

The cliff in the pink square seems a bit strange where the stone markings are missing also. The grass becomes extremely straight lined, and for me at least it looks a bit strange with the rocky parts missing.

My only other question is why classic big forest trees got palm trees as neighbours but I dont really know what trees are neighbours and it looks good so eh.

Sorry if I appear nitpicky but opinion was asked:p, all in all I like it though since its pleasant to have different things for the eyes to rest at.
Thanks for replying! I have editted the first post, cus I thought no one was gonna bother me :<

Could you check it out? >_<

Thanks, Iearnt a lot from your questions and observations.

Hmm how to say aa..well all I can try to reflectively say at the moment is..I was trying, and am trying, to make map like parallax maps but without using parallax mapping in Tiled or Photoshop..
I was trying to make a soldier camp outpost that is near the swamp and the sea.

Thanks! I noticed a lot more, I don't have sharp art sights yet xD

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Something is definitely not right with those trees. I think you've mixed up some tiles that aren't meant to go together.

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Right, that's two now, gotta learn how to fix it, thanks @Trihan x3

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1621555667596.png
I've taken a cross-section which will hopefully illustrate the problem: if you take that tree on the far left, for example, you've got the top right and bottom right tiles of it correct, but there is no corresponding top/bottom left next to it. What you should actually have is the top right of the tree below it in place of the bottom right tile (since that would be behind the tree underneath) and the top left of that tree in place of the bottom right of the one to left of it. You don't have the layers quite right, in other words.

This is particularly jarring due to how the shading is done on the tree tiles, resulting in a huge contrast shift when you have a non-shadowed part of a tree right next to one that's heavily shadowed, and it causes an unnatural-looking straight line down the middle.

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ohh..I see. Uh I thought smusching them together just like that works charm.
Wait lemme read it again.

Okay what wisdom. I was thinking the foreign square loophole would succeed illustrating "forestness of the forest". But now I notice it's not junctioned correctly, hmm, they are placed disconnectedly together..

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, unfortunately you can't get away with doing that. Anyone seeing it is going to be going "these trees aren't connected properly" rather than "these obvious squares illustrate the forestness of the forest". I wish it worked like that, mapping would be much easier!

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Glad that I learnt this lesson, hehe. Alright. What tools do you suggest besides Photoshop? I need something with friendly learning curve. Dunno with GIMP it always slow to starting up..

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
GIMP would be my go-to for graphical stuff, but if that's a bit slow for you...hmm. Pixlr is an online editor that is good for simple stuff, and I hear good things about GraphicsGale.

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay .Come to thinkk of it, it was over 2 years ago the last time I used GIMP.
I'll check out Pixlr and ya I also heard good things(sprites especially, iirc) made with GraphicsGale

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Zaj I have reverted your first post to the most recent version before you cleared the whole thing, as I would otherwise have to delete this thread for the opening post not following the board's rules and guidelines. If you wanted this topic closed or deleted, or feel strongly about using a different version that is not the most recent, let me know by Private Message.

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, my apology. I will rectify it real quick

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

@Zaj I have reverted your first post again. Please do not delete posts - it makes the conversation impossible to read and is disrespectful of the people who took the time to help you.

Last edited:

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you. I've editted the OP. Will try to make it before June 20th.

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I dunno how to bump, so if double posting in this case is not right, pls accept my apology. anyway, just wanna let folks know, I updated the info on the first post in this thread. thanks

Zaj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malaysia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Bump. Updated the opening post. Will furnish this thread with sketches tomorrow

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:
I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg
Apologies for the bugs featured in the Red Light preview build (although it is a preview), they should've been fixed in the new patch I just released. View the previous profile post for a link to the Itch.io.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmoGhost420