Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Hello! I haven't seen this in any of the RPG Maker games that I played. So my question is, is it possible to insert a flashback during a battle (without restarting it or ending then starting it again)? For example, the main character is an amnesiac guy who can't remember anything besides the basic manuevers of swordfighting. Then he gets cornered by a few enemies (monsters, demons, you name it) then has no option but to fight. Then he was losing, when suddenly he gets a flashback or something in which it shows a memory of him fighting, restoring some of the abilities he has from the past. The battle ends with him not completely defeating the enemies but immobilizing them enough so he can escape. Do you guys think something like that is possible?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Is this flashback just composed of images, or is it a cutscene?

If it's just images, you could use Show Picture

Zer0_Redemption

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Or you coild save enemy hp etc as variables end battle show cutscene then jump back to the fight with all the stats for party and enemies = to the variables you set?

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Hmmm... A hand drawn images depicting some his past as a small flashback (will interrupt the battle temporarily then resume after) would be awesome. I'm looking forward to doing that with MV.

How would you insert that doh? Do you use script or one of the maker's function/events or something?

Or you coild save enemy hp etc as variables end battle show cutscene then jump back to the fight with all the stats for party and enemies = to the variables you set?
Do you need a script o do that?

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OR you could do what Hyperdimension Neptunia and Fairy Fencer F did, just abruptly end the battle after the enemy reaches a certain % of HP  and run your cut scene and then start a completely new battle. Really the player won't care/notice that the battle basically reset.

though for this you basically need 2 different troops in the database one that triggers the abrupt end and cut scene and one that is the real fight. Just be sure that you divide the HP of your boss or whatever between the 2 so that it's not like you are fighting 2 full bosses, just 1 boss across 2 battles.

just saying, it's an option, that even big games use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Play a movie maybe? If the flashback doesn't have any interaction, that could be an option.

Wouldn't be as complicated assuming you don't have any issues recording video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use Show Picture, Wait X Frames, Erase Picture on a Troop event page, conditioned by player's or enemy's HP.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeastBanks