SebazWorld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in a game I'm making at the moment in the Prologue (or at least the first chapter) I'm making a lot of flashbacks. In the flashbacks I'm tinting the screen grey. But when I watch the cutscene of the flashback, there's a delay before the event takes place. Is there a way to stop the delay, or is there another method of doing this entirely? Thanks in advance.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the tint command only, use a parallel process (that needs to be switched off or erased after the tint) instead of an autorun.

Parallel processes start on mapload, autoruns only after the map has fully initialised. That is a difference of several frames of time and most probably what you see.

If it's something else, we need to see the events of your flashback cutscene - it might be that you scattered the command between different events (worst mistake, a cutscene should always have only one event with commands).

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In my game, I use this method.

Fade Out

Teleport or Movement to Event

On the next map, Autorun

Tint Screen - Wait to Finish

Fade In

Continue as necessary.

It adds a "delay", or transition phase, that I'm used to as a RPG Gamer.  There are smoother ways to do it, like Andar's suggestion, which will actually work faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

SebazWorld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my game, I use this method.

Fade Out

Teleport or Movement to Event

On the next map, Autorun

Tint Screen - Wait to Finish

Fade In

Continue as necessary.

It adds a "delay", or transition phase, that I'm used to as a RPG Gamer.  There are smoother ways to do it, like Andar's suggestion, which will actually work faster.
Ah, that worked great. Thanks for the help. The delay actually (to me, anyway) makes it seem smoother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Runnyyy wrote on Bex's profile.
Hello! I just wanted to tell you: Thank you for your help! I hope I didn't come across as rude, it was not my intention!
I'm sorry I'm still new to all this, (I'm even fairly new at using forums, even though I'm an old woman haha) but I wanted to show my appreciation :> Thank you again!
Who's interested in voice acting?! Not me! Although not all games do it..it IS a necessary feature.
I keep snapping wireless headphones. I think thats how they get ya, good sound quality but cheap plastic...
Broke the 1,000 hour mark on MV last night! Most of that was spent on 1 project, with most of that project being worked on outside the engine so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DracoVanReign