Flashback?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by SebazWorld, Jul 20, 2015.

1. SebazWorld

SebazWorld Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So in a game I'm making at the moment in the Prologue (or at least the first chapter) I'm making a lot of flashbacks. In the flashbacks I'm tinting the screen grey. But when I watch the cutscene of the flashback, there's a delay before the event takes place. Is there a way to stop the delay, or is there another method of doing this entirely? Thanks in advance.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For the tint command only, use a parallel process (that needs to be switched off or erased after the tint) instead of an autorun.

Parallel processes start on mapload, autoruns only after the map has fully initialised. That is a difference of several frames of time and most probably what you see.

If it's something else, we need to see the events of your flashback cutscene - it might be that you scattered the command between different events (worst mistake, a cutscene should always have only one event with commands).

3. optimum45

optimum45 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In my game, I use this method.

Fade Out

Teleport or Movement to Event

On the next map, Autorun

Tint Screen - Wait to Finish

Fade In

Continue as necessary.

It adds a "delay", or transition phase, that I'm used to as a RPG Gamer.  There are smoother ways to do it, like Andar's suggestion, which will actually work faster.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  4. SebazWorld

SebazWorld Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, that worked great. Thanks for the help. The delay actually (to me, anyway) makes it seem smoother.