amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
How do you make tiles flash? Like walls and floors? I've seen it done by people. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most likely they didn't make the tile flash, but played an animation on an invisible event at that position.

There are a few other possibilities, but none makes the tiles themselves flash unless someone wrote a plugin for that (and I haven't heard of such a plugin yet).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Define what you mean by "flash".  There are several methods, but it depends on what you're trying to do.

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
like a certain floor/wall tile to go change opacity....I seen a video long time ago on how to do this

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only a single tile?  I'd use an event for that.  If you want the entire floor/wall to change, you could use the animated tile sheet - A1 - just making sure you remember the passage settings are hardcoded for those tiles and you can't really change them with X/O.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You could have an event set on parallel triger that changes tileset. So for example:

Triger: Parallel

Wait 60 frames

Change Tileset Outside 2

wait 60 frames

Change Tileset Outside 1

With one of the tilesets obviously with a different graphic giving the impression tiles that don't animated to be animated?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chxn