FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Todays game. Episode 58. Very John Wick revenge plot which is great.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for playing what is by now a very old game of mine. My mapping has improved a lot since then! But you are right to comment on the collision problems that some objects have.

I found your way of playing interesting. I saw your problem with healing at the end, with Jarret dying - I think you might have found it easier to use his healing skill (which also deals damage to the enemy) to keep the whole party's HP up, rather than using items.

Just to answer a couple of questions you asked in the video
Visible/invisible enemies = on map/random.
I have both because, particularly back then, a lot of players strongly preferred one or the other. Both options are equally viable.
The basement was important because you got a lot of healing items down there.

I think you misunderstood about the rat meat. You don't grind 30 enemies, you get 20 rat meat (often two in one encounter) and receive back 8 cooked meat (which give a lot more healing). As you already had some in your inventory from encounters you had already fought, it wouldn't have taken long, and many players just got them by going to get the knives.

I noticed you didn't pick up the bags of money and didn't collect a lot of the mushrooms or other items. For a 'First Look' that wouldn't matter, but obviously in a full game you'd lose out a lot that way. I imagine, though, that it must be very difficult to get all the details when you're also trying to do a commentary at the same time! At least, I know that I would find it difficult to do.

I'm glad you liked the way the story was going.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to play this. Much appreciated.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I had fun with the game and thanks for your answers. Yeah it is difficult to keep an eye on everything while talking. I think if I were playing the full game I would of tried gathering everything I could. I have your other games and might end up doing them as well. I don't remember the order of them but it will be cool to see the progress as you went along.

I really like that kind of revenge plot and look forward to your other games.

Episode 59: Distant 6

Last edited:
Reactions: Kes

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for reviewing the game FTD - for those who watched his review video, the two issues requiring him to restart the game have been fixed and the new file is on the itch.io site for downloading. Other suggestions like allowing players to move around quicker have been dealt with as well.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Action movement exploration dungeon crawler.

Clicker-like autobattler with nice graphics.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Main feedback: Don't add sidequests until the players invested

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FleshToDust, please add a little more jokes about the games you play in. I understand the dev will get upset a little, but I think it will better enhance the viewer experience. I watch let's play find to find laughter and relax. Thank you for your walkthrough. However, listen to others too about what they are thinking about. I understand the main objective of let's play is to give advice to the devs. I guess it is a balancing act between entertainment and professionalism.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Very unlikable characters.

Shadows And Lies.
Really like the flawed but improving character.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't had time to watch the video for A Timely Intervention, but I picked up from Shadows & Lies that you didn't much like it.

I'm glad you liked this one more. A couple of things - I don't think you noticed the Main Menu item 'Spend Points'. Every time you level up you get stat points which you can distribute to customise your build quite a bit. I think it would have made those early battles much more straightforward, as would have exploring the side maps, which is where you can find money, and on one of them something called a skill orb. Every one you find increases the power of your skills, so definitely worth having. As for money, as well as finding some, you sell the Gold Teeth that the skeletons drop. Oh, and if you don't like the mouse (I personally hate playing with the mouse, but a lot of people prefer it) you can disable it completely in the Main Menu.

I agree with you that The Tale of a Common Man and Shadows and Lies are better than the other two, though I think the story and characters of A Timely Intervention might have grown on you if you were playing the game all the way through rather than doing a First Look. But it's true, not every story/game is going to appeal to every player.

Thank you for doing these. I have found it very interesting watching someone else play in a very different way to the way I do. I'm an explorer, and take my time - something that is not possible in a First Impressions type video where you have to move on at speed.

Good luck with your channel, and once again, thanks.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes Thanks for your comment. Glad to do it. I really like where Shadows and Lies was heading. I'm sure If I had more than an hour I'd of been able to find out about the level up system. I think the reason I didn't know about it was after the intro we were already 30 minutes in and I didn't have time to do much combat. Great work with the game! I look forward to seeing how your next game turns out.
==============================================================================

Super Crisis Academy. I like the grid maps. It is a visual novel though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kes

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FleshToDust, the ship is sinking, jump off the ship! Super Crisis Academy has good art. You are kind of know it is a bad game in case of slow story progression even in the standard of a visual novel. I know the writer tries to establish a mood, but it is a school. I meant the devs work hard to do the mechanic system.

I feel really drained after watching. I see the fleshy art will not save the boring story. Is that lesson what I should learn?

Unordinary anime is a highly addictive school theme anime. The writer is really talented in keeping the reader's guessing what's next.

I agree with your valid comment that A Timely Intervention. The male military main character kind of like why do you join the military if you want to be fear of every little thing. I think every military personal have a basic hand to hand combat. Yeah, the backstory would help us clarify a lot. Do you think @Kes try to react Of Mice and Men? [That is how I do a joke.:guffaw:]

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, nice art but the school setting is boring to me.
Battle system was cool so that's a plus.

Visual novels definitely aren't for me. Too much dialogue. It drones on and loses my interest.
I started debating whether I should continue covering them or not.
=========================================================================
Run The Last True Symphony: Way Too Much Dialogue

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahriman's Prophecy. Text is very hard to read in this one.

===============================================================================

Card Master. Clickbait title. Not actually a card game and the fact it wasn't made me feel tricked or cheated.

I was expecting a card game but what I got instead was a regular rpg.
I feel misled. The only card thing there is in the game is that
instead of equipping a sword for battles you equip a sword card.

The battles have nothing to do with cards. You and your party member
attack with swords and your skills aren't cards either and you attack
regular rpg type enemies with a regular rpg type story.

As a huge fan of card games I strongly dislike this.

Last edited:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you like Cyberpunk check this out.
Thank you for this! I was totally not expecting someone to do a video playthough. I did notice that this was an older version of my game. I updated it a day ago.

The basic androids have angular faces, but more specialized models have hair. All have red eyes as well. I'll add an angular face to Vinnie.

As for your concerns:

The spacebar usage was fixed in my recent update.

I will add a menu before the feat selection where you can choose between the three feat categories. It will tell you what level they require, so you won't waste time figuring out what you can use from the beginning.

I'll mess around with the combat formula popups and condense them. Do you think it's still ok to at least show what the enemy AC is, or should it just show "hit" and "miss"?

I'll spread out the dialogue more so that it only displays up to two lines of text in each text box.

I'll add an options menu that allows the player to change the volume.

I'll see what I can do to make it easier to find the initial Fushima Kings gang members.

Did I miss anything else?

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ninjakillzu That sounds great! Yeah some games I end up having slightly older ones as I'll download a bunch and it'll take me sometimes a week or two to get to them all. Improving the feat selection and quest log would be great great improvements. Maybe some kind of skill tree for them?

I really enjoyed the world you built and the main characters mysterious backstory. Great writing!
Keep up the solid work. :)

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Cool Skill Up System. Makes me want to grind.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there! My game Eternal Dreamers recently released to Early Access. It's a combat-focused RPG, meaning that's what you'll do 99% of the time. There is lots of loot to collect and many levels of party customization. If you are up for a first look video, I will provide you with a Steam key.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Biestmann sure I'll give it a play. I like combat focused games.

================================================================================

The Last Chronomancer. Good presentation.

Neat tactics system.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Biestmann Video is up. I would like some healing but overall interesting combat system.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another plugin complete and ready for Wednesday!
Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
I completely forgot which forum had the personal blogs for members. :LZSlol: It was probably a forum for the Ace program. I was going to see about posting a blog post, but I'm too tired, and if its associated with Ace, then its a moot point. :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beebTime