Not open for further replies.

Terakay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having problems with events that are placed on the same tile as other things. For example, I have an NPC event (with priority "Same as Characters") standing under an awning tile that casts a shadow (marked with a star in tilesets). At seemingly random intervals the event and tile will flicker rapidly--sometimes a lot, sometimes not at all. I have no idea what could be causing this; any ideas?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suspect that something about the shadow of your awing tile that is interfering with the "same character" NPC event. You'd need to play around more with the whole above, same, below event settings with both parties.

Perhaps you'd need to make casting tile "above characters"? I'm not too sure, but definitely try fiddling with that.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think it's related to the event or tile settings.

Can you make a short video to demonstrate what you're seeing?

Can you provide a screenshot (or screenshots) showing what plugins you have?

Are you using the 48x48 default tile size or have you modified it (via a plugin)?

Does this happen when you are standing still, when you are moving, or both?

Terakay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a lot of trouble properly catching it on video, but the problem seems to occur both when moving and standing still. It'll happen on random tiles, sometimes more than one at a time, for random periods of time (usually only a second or two). I've attached an image of my plugin list. Also, I'm using the standard 48x48 tile size.

Attachments

• plugins.png
    plugins.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 7

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And what if you turn off all plugins and just walk around on the map? Does it continue to happen then?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And what if you turn off all plugins
Particularly that Layer Graphics plugin, as that seems like it would be directly interacting with what you're having a problem with.

If that doesn't do anything, it actually sounds to me like it could be a display drivers issue.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should also check that your Yanfly plugins are all in the right order.

Terakay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, it looks like the problem was TDDP Bind Pictures to Map. Fortunately there's nothing in the game anymore that actually uses this plugin--the one event I had that used it was cut--so I can remove it without issue. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Terakay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, it seems one more plugin might be the cause: PKD VPlayer. And I do actually need this one. Any idea why this one would be causing it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Terakay, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

What is it? Do you have a link? If you turn off ALL other plugins except that one, does the issue still happen?

Terakay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried to erase my second post, but I can't figure out how to delete posts--sorry.

And yes, the flicker remains even if this is the only plugin turned on. The link is here: PKD VPlayer. It basically lets you play gifs/webms in game. I posted a question to that plugin's thread as well.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then I will close this thread, as there is no point having the same discussion happening in two different places, and the other one is more likely to get the author's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How goes the game make?
Broke: Relating to and acting like Sephiroth
Woke: Relating to and acting like Kefka
Took me almost a year to flesh out this concept but hey, now it works.
01.gif
Part 1 of 24 pieces of our world map
I've finished (most of) the sprites for two of my main characters, Ashlyn and Lizzabelle. And I've already drawn actual artwork of Lizzabelle and Suki months ago. I can't wait to show some of my stuff. I'm hesitant because their outfits aren't my own original design, which must be changed before I get too serious with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frizz91