RMVXA Flip Dimensions (20 Hour RPG)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Seacliff, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Updated to Demo Version 3.1, just some bug fixes and spelling errors.

2. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Massive Bump.

Chapter 3 is now up!

Mimironi likes this.
  3. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    It hasn't been to long, but the demo is updated to Ver 4.1

Here's what's new in the update.

-You can no longer walk through the door that leads to the Laser Scythe.

-Fixed maze on the right side of Factory Zero.

-Ultra Slash now takes 35 TP.

-Fix many much typos.

-Changed Magic ring to increase Mp by 30 instead of 50.

-Changed Health ring to increase Hp by 150 instead of 100.

4. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    It's pretty depressing to be pushed back two pages in... But no anymore, because update!! This game is still alive and kicking, y'know!

In this update:

-Chapter 4 (I think this is the longest chapter yet :p )

-Updated Status screen (with bios, ages, and homeland)

-New Skills!

-I won't call this a Demo any more, this if officially Alpha 1.0

As always, let me know of any bugs or just common feedback. I do like reading people's thoughts on this game...

Anyways, expect another semi-long hitas again, I'm participating in IGMC AND I have another project I want to show off by the time this game is done...

ENJOY!

5. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    No one's posting, why do I keep doing this?

Anyways, Alpha version 1.1 is uploaded and can be downloaded from the same link as always. Nothing major had changed, just some bug fixes and typos fixed.

Thank you for showing interest in Flip Dimension.

6. Mimironi

Mimironi But what do I know? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I actually havent caught up to where I last left off so im in the middle of chapter 2(?) with Suphis.

Since I've already played through this part, nothing new for now ;l_l

Once I do get to the end of the demo, I'll edit with what I think.

7. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Major bug: In the room with the green-haired boy before the underwater passage, there is no transfer back to the previous room. If you re-enter here after the Sister/Stein bosses, you're stuck.

That aside, I'm really enjoying this. The humour is great, the game is very well-balanced, there is an interesting variety of skills and strategies, and a definite gradual increase in actual difficulty (not just in stats). Kazuki and Minori are adorable :)

There are tons of spelling mistakes (the most amusing of which was Suphis playing a hymen on the organ). I'd be happy to proofread the game for you, if you like. Also, some of the info such as character bios is too long for the screen.

In the Japan-themed world, it's odd that Ilva doesn't have a Japanese name. Is there a backstory reason that will become clear later?

In the first world, you can't walk behind the village elder's chair. The top half of the chair should be set to Star passability.

One of the robot enemies (I think it was 802, the one that inflicts Silence) has oddly low HP. Even Minori could one-shot him with a physical attack.

Stein could also do with more HP. It's set up to be an epic fight and it's over too quickly. On the whole, though, the level of challenge is just about right throughout. Several times I lost a character or two (there isn't much point in reviving during battle in this game, they just get killed again :p ) and managed a win with whoever I had left. The best one was versus Ichiyou, when I was down to just Minori and he still had about 1000 HP left. I just scraped a win there :)

Looking forward to the remaining chapters!

Seacliff likes this.
  8. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Thanks for the feedback and glad to know that you enjoy this! I'll be sure to fix these bugs and take some of your balancing suggestions into consideration.

Funny story about that, I couldn't think of a name for Ilva so I went off of what her (Japanese) creator named her graphic.

So it's a Japanese styled sprite created by a Japanese resource creator yet it doesn't have a Japanese name. :p

That aside, I am aware that the 'v' sound is not in Japanese Hiragana (unless your doing diacritics, but that's technically not Hiragana so let's keep this simple) so I'm afraid there is no backstory for this. But let's be real here: Kazuki and Minori and both common Japanese name yet they live in a medieval fantasy styled world. So it's safe to assume that the culture in these dimensions are a bit mixed up. (mayormaynotbeimportantlaterinthegame)

Everyone I talked to so far ships them together. :)

I'm kinda proud how the relationship between the two characters turned out. It's a very trope bending yet believable Master-Servant bond.

Just to point out, very few of my characters come out exactly how I envision them. I give them a role and a couple traits and let their story play out. I thought Suphis was going to be a lot more charismatic and poetic, yet he ended up being the comic relief. Kazuki was going to be more evil, yet ended up with what I felt to be more realistic flaws. Minori was going to be more... not Minori. Yet in the end I prefer how these characters came out to be instead of how I envisioned them.

Aoi Ninami likes this.
  9. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Updated! Chapter 5 is now up.

Enjoy.  :)

10. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Bumping this since a new version had been updated. I fixed a huge problem in the sound encryption that would crash the game if it was not the right file type.

Other than that, I fixed a few typos in the new chapter and balanced the boss to Chapter 4 a bit. Happy playing.

11. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Has it ALREADY been a full year? Well then...

Anyways, I was hoping to have Chapter 6 up for the game's anniversary, but that obviously isn't the case. However, I just posted a blog update at RMN. It's basically me going over new features that will be introduced in the next chapter (outside of content, of course).

Seriously though, thanks to anyone who gave this game at least a shot. I honestly thought I would've dropped this months ago, but even the little support this game got was more than enough motivation to keep me going. So thanks.

Mimironi likes this.
  12. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Nice update! I'll have to check out the updated demo sometime, I think I'm still on Chapter 1.

Seacliff likes this.
  13. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Just to mind you, these updates have yet to be implemented, but will be when I update for the new chapter.

But thanks for showing interest! I'll be sure to get this new update done and uploaded soon.  :)

14. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Update! Did I take a long time? I didn't mean to take a long time. Seriously, Chapter 6 ended up being much longer than anticipated, but I was able to go through it without cutting corners. On to the juicy stuff, what's in Chapter 6? Basically everything I told I'd do two months ago in the anniversary blog:

-Sexy new battle layout.

-Rewritten dialogue (I already did some spellcheck, but feel free to crack the game and point out errors yourself). The new dialogue is at least 80% the same, but removing some redundant text, less memes, fixed pacing issues, better flow with character motives, all while making sure the best humourous bits stay in and serious bits still giving the same (if not, hopefully better) mood. It's up to you if you want to replay the game or not, but plot wise you won't be missing out on much picking up from the end of Chapter 5.

-Collectibles, I added 18 of a 'special item' throughout the 6 worlds. Though nothing will happen when you collect them all, since I plan for 20+ total.

-Characters who die in battle come back with 1 hp afterwords.

-Oh, and all of Chapter 6, of course.

As always, just make sure to report any bugs and feedback. Thanks for showing interest in Flip Dimensions!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
    Aoi Ninami and Mimironi like this.
  15. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Apparently, the new battle system was bugged, people have been reporting about the game stopping mid-battle. For now, I'm reverting back to the old battle system.Also, in this version:-Bug at port town that keeps you from progressing fixed.-No more pretitle logo.

Enjoy!

Edit: Forgot to mention if you started a new file in the previous version, please start over again. Weird things will happen. If your file is older than the previous update you should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
  16. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh wow. I still haven't finished playing Chapter 5, and now 6 is out! Can't wait to get stuck in!

Unfortunately, I'm getting crashes in the new version, even starting from a new game. As soon as a battle ends, I get "Script "CP's Battle Engine v1.2b" line 2164: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method "each" for nil:NilClass".

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
    Seacliff likes this.
  17. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Interesting, I did get that bug before, but ignored it because it was a troop playtest.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be sure to look into this... again...

Edit: It appears to just be the order the scripts were organized, I'll get a new version uploaded in the next hour or so.

Edit2: The electricity went out in my house, but I did get it uploaded. For anyone who wasn't scared away even after too bugged versions, please give it another try?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2016
  18. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Another Update.

Things updated in this version-

-A bug in Chapter 4 that makes you repeat the fight with Kamlyn.
    -A bug in Chapter 5 that allows you to skip going to the town.
    -A bug in Chapter 6 that repeats the Chimera battle.
    -A bug in Chapter 6 that messes up the water puzzle.
    -(Hopefully) A bug involving dual skills was fixed.
    -A handful of typos in the first half of Chapter 6 were fixed.

-This was in a previous version, but the old battle system is back. I made sure is doesn't crash either.

new known bug (apparently been a thing since Chapter 4):
    -Re-entering the second floor of Tower Ni will re-enter the scripted combat scene... expect in side-view battle... for some reason. (There's not even a sideview script in this game, WTF)

Enjoy, I'll be starting Chapter 7 soon.

19. Shuya

Shuya Gaussian Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    The art that you use, looks very good... lets try your project :)

20. shayoko

shayoko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello,it's been a while. wondering if Ch 7 will be out soon?