Flipping SV static battlers with Yanfly Animated Battlers plugin

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone,

Does this plugin support mirror images of static battlers? I looked in the help file, and noticed in the update log it says "- Fixed a bug that prevented animated sideview enemies from not mirroring."

However, I can't find a script command to actually do this.

Cheers.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mirroring is only an issue with animated SV battlers, since they are using an animation sheet where they look to the right. So they need to be mirrored to face proper direction. This is done by default.
Mirror images of static battlers aren't necessary, because they are facing right by default.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, thanks. But for the purposes of the question, let's say I want the static battler facing away from the player. How would I do that?

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit the battler's png file to make it face the other direction.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So, just to clarify, if I wanted to flip a PNG file in-engine rather than create another PNG file, is there a way to do this? (Even if its not using the aforementioned plugin, but another?)

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is possible to do so with plugins, but I hardly doubt anyone is going to make one simply because there is absolutely no need to do so. Anyone can easily flip a png file. It's actually much easier to flip the image file than to write a plugin that flips it.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's more that I wanted to avoid doubling up on images, but thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Angio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is an old thread but I was looking for exactly that (my game is a mobile game and file size is important). I couldn't find it either so I edited Yanfly's script to add the options. If somebody else is looking for this, enjoy. Default is mirrored as normal, but you can add notes <Mirror> or <No Mirror> to force mirroring or not mirroring.

Attachments

• YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js
    82.4 KB · Views: 63

ninestigmas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is an old thread but I was looking for exactly that (my game is a mobile game and file size is important). I couldn't find it either so I edited Yanfly's script to add the options. If somebody else is looking for this, enjoy. Default is mirrored as normal, but you can add notes <Mirror> or <No Mirror> to force mirroring or not mirroring.
omg thank you so much for this.

loppy893

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This isn't working for me
The edited script you gave

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder... If I develop my own game hacks, does it count as beating the game my own way?
First 12 minutes of gameplay.

bio-Synthetica's Database plugin is complete. Players will be able to find and unlock various tutorials and lore as they reach certain points. There are 5 categories of files you can unlock: Audio Clips, Data Files, Bestiary, Earth History, and Tutorials.

1653160049600.png

Thank you Dsiver for this amazing plugin! :kaothx:
My favorite kind of progress? Reverse progress! First, change some small feature of your game. Second, go back through and change 6,000 tiny things related to that minor alteration just to get your game playable again. What fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heimdal00