RMMV Flower Farm: farm and date cute flowers!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by octopaca, Apr 17, 2018.

1. octopaca

octopaca Not trash Member

First Language:
    English
    Flower Farm, a farming and dating sim
    Made by me and my artist friend.

SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
      • Build your family's old farm from nothing into a mega flower farm!
      • Restore the empty town and make sure it doesn't get sold off to a big copperation.
      • Plant and grow flowers and unlock special characters and outfits
      • Yes, you date the flowers. Humanoid flowers!
      • This game focuses on LGBT relationships. There are flowers of all different genders, and you can chose your own.
      • Time, Day, Weather mechanic
      • Game inspired by Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, Huniepop/Cam, and several other games.

SECTION B: CHARACTERS

• So far we have a list of 10 or so date-able characters. We're still roughing up concept art of them. Here's our first "finished" character
      [​IMG]

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT

• The world is polluted and populated. Urbanization is spreading faster than anyone could blink. Most farmlands now are covered in city landscapes or highways. There are only a few small towns and fertile farm land left, and they are targets for being coperations, also known as the "Big Guys", who want more space for their mega malls! Growing and selling flowers is basically non existent at this point in time. So there's a huge market for real flowers. Anyways, Every generation the oldest grandchild gets granted the deed to the family's flower farm. However, the last person who ran it was your great grandmothers father! It's been nearly 80 years! Once you arrive you see the farm has completely been taken over by nature, and oh boy, you have a lot of stuff to do. You start with only a few seeds and go straight to work.
      While exploring the area you discover a giant tree with several different types of flowers around it. The tree is... glowing? You step closer and a bright light blinds you for a few seconds. Once you're able to see you're greeted by a tall man. The tree became a human!? Along with him is a girl who looks like she could be a dandelion.
      They explain how their land isn't safe anymore and dying from years of abandonment. You decide to help the magical plant humanoids restore their home. Meanwhile, the town next to your farm is suffering. The last person just moved out and the town is officially empty. The mayor is doing his best but can't make ends meet without anybody around! He's tempted to sell the town to the "Big Guys" and let them turn the small rustic town into a shopping plaza.
      TLDR, you must save the forest and town by farming and selling flowers. You can also date the flowers and learn all of their backstories.

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
    • The farm and town take place in the future. Like I said roughly 90% of America is urbanized, and farmland is running scarce. The towns name is Bloomsfield and rests cozy in between two mountains in the United States. It's mainly dense forest, but there is a small beach near the lake.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    At this point I'm still working on creating tilesets (no offence but I hate the default tilesets lol)
    But we do have a bunch of concept art if that counts!
    [​IMG]

Vaena, Rehjul, Muffel and 3 others like this.
  2. Morlock_Chef

Morlock_Chef Mad Culinarian Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    What a bizarre, marvelous idea~

3. Bricabrac

Bricabrac The Storyteller Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    YESS
    Sign me up, I wanna date all the flowers

4. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I love the idea! Can't wait for some more information and progress.

5. Muffel

Muffel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Would totally play this. I was obsessed with Harvest Moon back in the good old days and I like flowers.
    How many flowerlovers will it be?

6. octopaca

octopaca Not trash Member

First Language:
    English
    About 10 or so!

7. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Love the idea. Gijinkas / humanoid versions of things or animals are always amazing! <3
    I'll keep an eye on this project. Sounds like something I'd play if it's done well! :)