ZodiacStories

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title2.png

Milly must travel to the tower, and ask for the Fairy Princess for help, in hopes of saving her older sister.

Milly failed once, perhaps Milly can succeed.
~~~

This is my first ever RPG Maker game. This game was meant for me to explore and get a feeling for the game engine. Almost everything you see in this game is made from the default tiles, sprites and etc.

It was based on a very old idea for a game called I called "Fever Dream", maybe once I feel comfortable with the engine, I will revisit it.

I hope you enjoy though and please, I would love to hear some critiques! I want to get better at making stories and games in this engine.

PLAY NOW!!

Screenshot1.png
Screenshot5.png
Screenshot6.png

Azurose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll check it out tomorrow if I can squeeze in the time, but I'm definitely checking it out!

Congrats on releasing your first project. I'm a new creator as well and realize how daunting a release like this is, together with the importance of feedback.

I like that you seemed to have used some custom face portraits. That's always a small, nice and personal edition to any project. Although in your mapping, I'm noticing that you didn't seem to include wall tiles, only the ''top layer''. While it can *functionally* work, it creates an odd perspective, like with the paintings, the books and the clock.

ZodiacStories

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll check it out tomorrow if I can squeeze in the time, but I'm definitely checking it out!

Congrats on releasing your first project. I'm a new creator as well and realize how daunting a release like this is, together with the importance of feedback.

I like that you seemed to have used some custom face portraits. That's always a small, nice and personal edition to any project. Although in your mapping, I'm noticing that you didn't seem to include wall tiles, only the ''top layer''. While it can *functionally* work, it creates an odd perspective, like with the paintings, the books and the clock.
Thank you~ it was a pretty interesting few weeks to say the least.

No joke tho...I did not know wall tiles were a thing....what do they look like?

Azurose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you~ it was a pretty interesting few weeks to say the least.

No joke tho...I did not know wall tiles were a thing....what do they look like?
No worries!

The walls add that sort of 2.5D effect that make it seem like things are hanging on the wall.

Here is an example from the RTP base maps Castle 2. The ''top'' part of the wall is what you have, and when you add the tile below that too, you can give it that 2.5D feeling of the clock and other stuff hanging off of it!
1614964520719.png

ZodiacStories

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries!

The walls add that sort of 2.5D effect that make it seem like things are hanging on the wall.

Here is an example from the RTP base maps Castle 2. The ''top'' part of the wall is what you have, and when you add the tile below that too, you can give it that 2.5D feeling of the clock and other stuff hanging off of it!
View attachment 181824
Well, whadda ya know!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Totaldramawwe