TicklishWasabi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was wondering if it was possible to have a river that consistently pulls the player in one direction, without taking away control from the player. So traveling against the current would lower your move speed, with it would increase it, but not moving at all would also move you downstream. And you could move right or left to dodge rocks or any obstacle really.

Against stream seems like it would be pretty easy to do as it would just be a temporary reduction to movement speed, but the rest of it I have no idea where to start.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I should read the direction. Is that what you would like?

@Animebryan, sorry, I guess I am still confused. I am though about the player places on the boat and the boat moves one direction. Is that correct? I use the player x and player y events and region id too.

Last edited:

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Are you serious?! That doesn't even come close to what he's asking for! All that plugin does is force the player to move in whatever direction they were moving when they stepped on the slippery floor & keeps them going until they hit an impassable wall or a non-slippery tile. You even get to control your character while this is going on.

What he's asking for is a effect that slows movement speed when going against the current, allow free movement while moving sideways from the current, speeds up movement while moving with the current, and moves the player with the current if they're standing still.

I'm interested in a mechanic too for my submarine vehicle to navigate through underwater currents in caves. Unfortunately, I have yet to hear of such a plugin that pulls this off. It might be doable through events if you set the event as a parallel process event & the functions that move the player don't have 'Wait for Completion' selected.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What he's asking for is a effect that slows movement speed when going against the current, allow free movement while moving sideways from the current, speeds up movement while moving with the current, and moves the player with the current if they're standing still.
Thank you for explaining. Yeah, I do not know how to do that then.

TicklishWasabi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I managed to get it to work with some simple eventing but as you might imagine it's pretty clunky. And if you wanted to change which way the river/water pulled you (like if it turns) you would probably need to put region tiles overall 4 possible directions of pull, then have an event check which one the player is located on. And pull in that direction.1.PNG2.PNG

Video of it in action but I'm not sure how helpful it is since you can't really tell what keys I'm pressing ^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheemsBurbger