Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Audio is no doubt one of the most important aspect, yet often get overlooked so much. RPG Maker audio system for many years have always just "work", it play audio, change volume,pitch, etc. It get the job done, but it doesn't offer much stuff. Many game nowaday have adaptive audio that changed based on like your character mood, the stage of a boss fight,etc. A lot of these stuff are often done with an audio middleware, which isn't actually feasible for many indie dev due to how expensive they are.

But now with FMOD being available for any developer to use for free as long as your revenue under 200.000 USD per year, I think it would be great that we can start using them to make better game. I'm not exactly a capable person, so what I'm looking for is a plugin I believe that would integrate FMOD engine (including FMOD Studio API and FMOD Core API) so that everyone could use FMOD Studio and add dynamic/mix sound/music into their game. Some work will probably needed for adding support with rpg maker region, distanced based sound, etc... since I believe FMOD don't just support those stuff natively.

FMOD website: https://www.fmod.com/
What is adaptive audio by Scruffy:

Last edited:

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

ephesus

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If any audiophiles don't know what fmod is and or why it being free is insane plese check it out. If I could integrate this into RM I would and I have no doubt it would be used by many. It's pretty nuts how little love audio has been given in general when it comes to RM. Maybe a petition is in order?... Is that a thing that works when it comes to plugins?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hesena