• No - I'm just not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - FMOD is too complex

• No - Current audio system is good enough for me

• No - A plugin that improve upon the current system is more than good

• No - Other ( If possible please let everyone know why in the reply)

• Total voters

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Audio is no doubt one of the most important aspect, yet often get overlooked so much. RPG Maker audio system for many years have always just "work", it play audio, change volume,pitch, etc. It get the job done, but it doesn't offer much stuff. Many game nowaday have adaptive audio that changed based on like your character mood, the stage of a boss fight,etc. A lot of these stuff are often done with an audio middleware, which isn't actually feasible for many indie dev due to how expensive they are.

But now with FMOD being available for any developer to use for free as long as your revenue under 200.000 USD per year, I think it would be great that we can start using them to make better game. I'm not exactly a capable person, so what I'm looking for is a plugin I believe that would integrate FMOD engine (including FMOD Studio API and FMOD Core API) so that everyone could use FMOD Studio and add dynamic/mix sound/music into their game. Some work will probably needed for adding support with rpg maker region, distanced based sound, etc... since I believe FMOD don't just support those stuff natively.

FMOD website: https://www.fmod.com/
What is adaptive audio by Scruffy:

Last edited:

Puffer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If any audiophiles don't know what fmod is and or why it being free is insane plese check it out. If I could integrate this into RM I would and I have no doubt it would be used by many. It's pretty nuts how little love audio has been given in general when it comes to RM. Maybe a petition is in order?... Is that a thing that works when it comes to plugins?

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
A plugin that allows integration between RPG Maker and Fmod would really be a great audio resource. I'm researching audio resources for games in my Masters Degree in Music and looking for some way to integrate (maybe a plugin or a library) Fmod and Pure Data (Pd) with RPG Maker.

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just to get an idea, how many people would be interested in having an API integration of FMOD for MV/MZ?
Could you add a poll to see how many people would be interested in this, @Puffer ? I've been looking for a couple of summer projects to do before my 3rd year of computer science at uni starts, so I'm thinking this could be a worthwhile project to work on.

Puffer

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just to get an idea, how many people would be interested in having an API integration of FMOD for MV/MZ?
Could you add a poll to see how many people would be interested in this, @Puffer ? I've been looking for a couple of summer projects to do before my 3rd year of computer science at uni starts, so I'm thinking this could be a worthwhile project to work on.
Great idea! I have added a poll on the post.
Personally, I believe that once we can get like a demo or a video demonstrate it working with RPG maker or at least display it's magic so that everyone can realize how powerful it's people would definitely show their interest in it

Neptrone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would love to use it. Being too complex is not a problem as long people have an option to use it or not to use it.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krinalle