FModEx Audio Library

Discussion in 'RGSS2 Scripts (RMVX)' started by FenixFyreX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    FModEx Audio Library

v1.0 for RMVX

Introduction

This library allows the user to memorize, pause, and resume music in RMVX.

Script/Demo

The demo with the scripts can be found here:

FModEx v1.0 RMVX

FAQ / Q&A / Notes

Keep this script above all other custom scripts. It may not work with custom battle systems. If not, request a patch and I'll provide one(cause this overwrites the playback of map music).

Why do midi's sound weird?

This script does not play nice with midi's. They are still playable, though, they just sound a bit harsher(the echo effect is gone).

What are all the script calls one can make, etc?

Here is a full list:

Code:
    #  pause_bgm  OR  pause_bgm(fade)
    #    pauses playback, if fade is included, the music fades out. fade is a number.
    #
    #  resume_bgm OR resume_bgm(fade)
    #    pauses playback, if fade is included, the music fades in. fade is true or false.
    #
    #  memorize_bgm
    #    memorizes the current bgm, does nothing if one isn't playing
    #
    #  pause_bgs  OR  pause_bgs(fade)
    #    pauses playback, if fade is included, the bgs fades out. fade is a number.
    #
    #  resume_bgs OR resume_bgs(fade)
    #    pauses playback, if fade is included, the bgs fades in. fade is true or false.
    #
    #  memorize_bgs
    #    memorizes the current bgs, does nothing if one isn't playing
    How come this script errors when I use skills from YEM/BEM?

I can almost guarantee the reason is that the skill in question is playing an ungodly amount of sound effects per second, resulting in an overflow error. Try toning down the amount of sound effects being played by the skills' animations.

Can you make this work with Victory Aftermath?

If you have any questions, or bugs, please ask / post.

NOTICE: The two compositions in the demo were created by Da Buzz, and Mitchell McLaughlin. Credit them for the two pieces of music.

NOTICE: To use this system, you must credit the following:

Hiretsukan (Kevin Gadd) - janus@luminance.org - CREATOR OF SCRIPT

RPG/Cowlol (Firas Assad) - ArePeeGee (AIM name) - Modifier

FenixFyreX (Chaz Domerese) - fenixfyrex@gmail.com (GMail) - Modifier

mikb89 likes this.
  2. mikb89

mikb89 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    lol I made a porting of this script too ^^

Don't know if I'll post it now xD

Nice work :)

3. rondchild

rondchild Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    This script works fine :D

but i have a problem that is after the battle, and I save a file and then I load the file.

My problem after I load the data on MAP BGM does not work but even after victory BGM (Fanfare) that works.

:(

I also wear a Victory Aftermath script and it works fine but when wearing a patch script error like this image:

[​IMG]

I have an opinion to solve the problem after loading the data and BGM work well. :)

in the script that I note below:

[​IMG]

exactly in the

BGM = RPG :: BGM.new ("field", 100.100)

can be replaced with a call to BGM in MAP last player who is being occupied.

I'm less so the script but maybe it could solve the problem. but I do not know how. :wacko:

hehehehe

thank you, sorry if there are words that one :D

n sorry my english so bad =__=a

somebody help me please TAT

Edit : correct word.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  4. SmazUgonih

SmazUgonih Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been trying this script out on and off for the past few months. It's a great script until I run into a few errors. Now, I've tried resolving these in several ways, but I always run into something else. I had a look around, but I couldn't find anything helping the problem. I figured it was time to register here and ask the man, himself, for help!

The first error is something I think is a bit odd - the game states there are 5 arguments, but I only see 4 on the line it's referring to. This happens about half the time at the end of a battle. Here's a screenshot of the error and the code section:

[​IMG]

So, I figure 'let's try deleting the last argument and see what happens'. I was at a loss, after all, so was doing some trial and erroring. So, I try that and this error comes up, instead, about an incorrect integer. I decided this was probably a result of deleting the last argument from the previous error, so that doesn't resolve it:

[​IMG]

So I need some help on this.

It also should be noted I'm not using Yanfly's Victory Aftermath, but rather, Waratana's (YERD's was incompatible with what is perhaps the most important script in my game, so I opted for Waratana's, which looks nice at the end of a battle, anyway). Therefore, the patch doesn't work, that you've suggested for Yanfly's Victory Aftermath (the poster above me pretty much gives the error, let alone it's configured for Yanfly's modules without editing). I also sometimes get an error that RGSS2 Player has stopped working, only since putting the FModEx Audio Library in. All of these errors occur at the end of a battle.

5. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would like to ask everyone to hold off 1 month from using this script. This is a script I ported from RPG Maker XP, and I have lost all data for it. It needs a serious rewrite, and quite frankly it's become too much of a hassle messing with it in its current state. I'm planning on rewriting this, however that takes time.

Hopefully this will be closed soon, and I'll have it reopened when I'm done. Sorry for the trouble guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.