Fog Of War 1.0
Pheonix KageDesu

FogOfWarTitle.png

Video: example of usage Fog of War plugin with Alpha ABS (Alpha ABS Z) plugins

Introduction
Plugin allows you add dynamic fog of war on map

Features:

• Make really difficult dungeons with dynamic fog of war
  • Hide enemies, traps, treasures and secret paths from player and let him explore dangerous places more carefully
  • Fog have two states it's allows fog fragments looks and fades smooth
  • Customizable Fog fragments, you can set different colors, opacity and fade speed per each Region on map (and more)
  • Easy way to control player's explore fog range via variable in game
  • Fog control script calls allows you save fog state on map or recreate fog on map again, open fog in certain place and more
  • Detailed plugin guide

How to Use:

All actual plugin instructions and commands are listed in the plugin help section

Plugin have detailed how to use guide: https://kdworkshop.net/fog-of-war-plugin-guide/

Plugin webpage

Download:

Works in RPG Maker MZ and MV

From Git Hub

Terms of Use:

Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution, Share Alike, Non-Commercial

(Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike, cc by-nc-sa)

You can use plugin in non-commercial project for free

For using plugin in commercial projects you should obtain PRO version

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
nice! first plugin i saw in mv about fog of war.. would there be a minimap with this compatibility?
last i saw was still in rpg maker vx.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
nice! first plugin i saw in mv about fog of war.. would there be a minimap with this compatibility?
last i saw was still in rpg maker vx.
I don't have plans to create a minimap plugin (yet). But thanks for the ideas about the possibility of a minimap specially for this plugin that would show an open area.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought the pro version of this asset and I'm having some problems with the fog of war disappearing from a map after leaving and returning to it. How do you keep fog of war on maps after leaving and returning to that map?

I tried using FOG_Reset in a script event set to autorun when entering a map, but I haven't had any success with that. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm using MZ with no other plugins but PKD_FogOfWar_Full.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I bought the pro version of this asset and I'm having some problems with the fog of war disappearing from a map after leaving and returning to it. How do you keep fog of war on maps after leaving and returning to that map?

I tried using FOG_Reset in a script event set to autorun when entering a map, but I haven't had any success with that. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm using MZ with no other plugins but PKD_FogOfWar_Full.

Tested plugin right now, all works fine. Fog keeps state when leave and enter map.

Check plugin parameter "Reset Fog"

Are you need make all map in fog again? Then use script call FOG_Reset(MAP_ID);
Fog saves state automatically when you leave map if parameter "Reset Fog" is FALSE

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janekste