Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello lovely folks,

I ran into a problem.

Follow Up Skills: https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo/blob/master/Gameplay/Follow-Up_Skills.rb

I have 3 Skills.

A Skill called Fire Jolt, a skill the player users to shoot a jolt of fire at an enemy.

A Skill called Master of Fire that makes it when you use Fire Jolt, you have a % chance of casting another skill Fire Ball instantly, at no cost.

-- > This skill is made of three different skills with increase % chance of casting Fire Ball.

A Skill called Fire Ball that adds a state, "Burned" that causes damage to them for a certain amount of turns.

My issue is the knowledge of syntax for the <follow up eval>

What I want to do is have a check if an actor has learned the specific "strings" you are suppose to put in the evals.

I know in Skill Cost Manager, it's looking at the user, i.e. self.state?(n) however when I implement it it doesn't react.

I want to check through eval's if the user of the skill has learned  the skill id of Master of Fire series (408,409,410) <- skill ids

so it would look something like this:

<follow up eval>

self.skill_include?($data_skills[408])

</follow up eval>

<follow up 408>

I got this part to work with the correct formula above.

PART 2:

I got a new error: http://i.imgur.com/64uFrYD.png

It doesn't like it when it has multiple eval tags. Is there a way to avoid that?

here's what my skill tag looks like:

<follow up eval>self.skills.include?($data_skills[408]) </follow up eval><follow up 408: 7%><follow up eval>self.skills.include?($data_skills[409]) </follow up eval><follow up 409: 13%><follow up eval>self.skills.include?($data_skills[410]) </follow up eval><follow up 410: 20%> 
Any Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does it work if you take out the self.?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you misunderstand the script itself.

This script allows you to set ONE follow up skills with a chance. No multiple follow-up skills can be assigned with it for a skill.

Knowing this, there is no need to make more eval conditions or to try to assign more follow-up skills, because it won't work, and may even cause errors (like it did for you).

If you want to assign random skills triggering for a follow-up, you might want to look up another script from Yanfly called "Random Skill Invoke".

Combine these skills to get the random follow up skill.

I already tried this out a long time ago, and it works well.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, I'll take a look. :)

EDIT:

I looked at Random Skill Invoke, it looks great. How did you do the follow up and Random Skill combo, Sixth?

And Yanfly's website, it shows a picture of the notes that have 2 follow up skills. That's what got me to think you can do multiple.

To explain better, I have a skill tree script that is "leveled" meaning that if a skill has 5 levels, it is 5 different skills with the same name, but different level of power.

One of these examples is the Master of Fire has 3 "levels" which is 3 different skill ids that have 3 different % chance to cast Fire Ball. 

Does that make sense at all?

I want to invoke that skill only if the user has learned the appropriate level, and then call the parallel percentage. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLOKO92