Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
492
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Follow Up Skills
Version 1.1
by Fomar0153

Description
Allows you to have skills followed up by more skills.

Features
Easily use resources from older rpg makers!

Screenshots

Strong Attack has 50% to be followed up by Attack and 50% to be followed up by Guard.
Naturally when testing I grew concerned after the first seven Strong Attacks were followed up by Attack but then it balanced out.

How to Use
Place the plugin in your project's js/plugins/ folder.
Inside RPG Maker MZ's editor, open the Plugin Manager.
Create a new entry and select this plugin from the list.

Use the following notetag on skills:
<followup: x>
Will always follow up the current skill with skill x

If you'd like a more nuanced follow up then you can enter code like this:
<followup: if (Math.randomInt(2) == 0){1} else {2}>
Which will be eval'd and parsed as an int at run time.
The example above has a 50% chance of following up with Attack and a 50% chance of following up with Guard.

If you would like to have a skill only have a chance of following up then you could do something like:
<followup: if (Math.randomInt(10) == 0){1} else {0}>
Which would have a 10% chance of following up with Attack and 90% chance of not doing a follow up skill.
A result of 0 will mean no follow up skill.

Download
Click here.

FAQ
Q: Nothing seems to happen when I use your plugin.
A: Make sure the plugin has its original name and that you haven't accidentally renamed it.

Credits
Fomar0153

Terms of Use
As long as I am credited, you may use this plugin in your projects both commercial and non-commercial.

Version History
1.0 -> 1.1 - 21/09/20 - Follow up skills now use the same target index as the previous skill.
 
Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Joined
Sep 13, 2015
Messages
372
Reaction score
412
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And suddenly weapons like the Fire Claw from Dragon Quest can be done properly.

Man, how are you getting all these awesome plugins out the door like this? You're making it difficult for me to want to stick with MV!
 

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
1,958
Reaction score
2,100
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Formar0153, you will make combined and mixed skills plugins, correct? Or you refer to combined or mixing items together?
Thank you for the clarification and your plugins open many doors for us to make our dream happens. Thank you.
 

SiiOs

Villager
Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2017
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow I love this plugin already. I was thinking of implementing something like this but now I don't even have to worry about it or try writing a plugin. Thanks a bunch.
 

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
492
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Formar0153, you will make combined and mixed skills plugins, correct? Or you refer to combined or mixing items together?
Thank you for the clarification and your plugins open many doors for us to make our dream happens. Thank you.

I was talking about the Mix/Combine ability that you usually see on Chemist or Alchemist classes, so items.
 

ASUG0

Annihilation Special Unit Generation 0
Veteran
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
45
Reaction score
11
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently the follow up skills hits a random enemy instead of the original target of the first skill!
Could you make a version or an option so that the follow up skill hits the target of the first skill provided both skills are single target abilities?

Cheers!
 

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Follow Up Skills
Version 1.0
by Fomar0153

Description
Allows you to have skills followed up by more skills.

Features
Easily use resources from older rpg makers!

Screenshots

Strong Attack has 50% to be followed up by Attack and 50% to be followed up by Guard.
Naturally when testing I grew concerned after the first seven Strong Attacks were followed up by Attack but then it balanced out.

How to Use
Place the plugin in your project's js/plugins/ folder.
Inside RPG Maker MZ's editor, open the Plugin Manager.
Create a new entry and select this plugin from the list.

Use the following notetag on skills:
<followup: x>
Will always follow up the current skill with skill x

If you'd like a more nuanced follow up then you can enter code like this:
<followup: if (Math.randomInt(2) == 0){1} else {2}>
Which will be eval'd and parsed as an int at run time.
The example above has a 50% chance of following up with Attack and a 50% chance of following up with Guard.

If you would like to have a skill only have a chance of following up then you could do something like:
<followup: if (Math.randomInt(10) == 0){1} else {0}>
Which would have a 10% chance of following up with Attack and 90% chance of not doing a follow up skill.
A result of 0 will mean no follow up skill.

Download
Click here.

FAQ
Q: Nothing seems to happen when I use your plugin.
A: Make sure the plugin has its original name and that you haven't accidentally renamed it.

Credits
Fomar0153

Terms of Use
As long as I am credited, you may use this plugin in your projects both commercial and non-commercial.

Thanks Fomar! It’s an excellent way to add complexity to skills. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible from this to call an ally to attack with you as well?

Thanks again though! I’m already putting this into my project!
 

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
492
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Currently the follow up skills hits a random enemy instead of the original target of the first skill!
Could you make a version or an option so that the follow up skill hits the target of the first skill provided both skills are single target abilities?

Cheers!

Done, I've updated the plugin, I had intended this to be the default behaviour, I guess I simply forgot to double check this.

Thanks Fomar! It’s an excellent way to add complexity to skills. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible from this to call an ally to attack with you as well?

Thanks again though! I’m already putting this into my project!

Sorry out of scope for this plugin.
 

ASUG0

Annihilation Special Unit Generation 0
Veteran
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
45
Reaction score
11
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Done, I've updated the plugin, I had intended this to be the default behaviour, I guess I simply forgot to double check this.

Uwau thanks u!
UwU
 

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Sep 4, 2014
Messages
1,968
Reaction score
560
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would it be possible to have certain skills follow up certain skills if the user has a passive state from your passive state plugin?
 

nemeanDragon

Villager
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not receiving an error of any kind, but the plugin seems to simply have no effect. I'm wondering if maybe VS battle core may be overriding it somehow?
followupSkill.png

followupSkill2.png
 

Attachments

  • followupSkill.png
    followupSkill.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 7
  • followupSkill2.png
    followupSkill2.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 7

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
492
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not receiving an error of any kind, but the plugin seems to simply have no effect. I'm wondering if maybe VS battle core may be overriding it somehow?

Try disabling VS Battle Core and see if it works, then you'll know.
 
Last edited:

nemeanDragon

Villager
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try disabling VS Battle Core and see if it works, then you'll know.

Took me forever to try it out again, but it still isn't working for me for some reason, even if I disable the other plugins. Any thoughts?

I've gotten your learn skill ap and ap system implemented and I am loving it!
 

Nova By Creative Robot

Creator of NOIM
Veteran
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Messages
40
Reaction score
39
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, would it be possible to use 2 or more follow up skills with just using the initial note tag?
 

Elmo_Cosquillas

Villager
Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
sadly cant make it work, i renamed the plugin, set it back to its original name, made a new project from 0 and no plugins, but it refuses to work. maybe an engine update made it useless.
 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.
PRODUCTIVE DAY! I think I FINALLY completed all the items for part 1 of Fallen Feather, that includes the animations, the stats, the pricing, etc. for weapons, armors, key and consumables! all i need to be 100% done is write a few more descriptions (only 10 left out of the 40+ items) and to find some nice pants icons (dont ask lol).
Kinda hate it everytime reinstall rpg maker because the program refuse to testplay
For every amazing step of the way I make, I find myself in a moment where I feel really stupid for not knowing something. I probably shouldn't though, but still, it sometimes feels more obvious than perhaps it is
Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.

Forum statistics

Threads
111,097
Messages
1,058,247
Members
144,300
Latest member
Cosmosyn
Top