Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Great script, i wonder if it would be possible to enhance that script that far that you can run a specific common event when the player tries to talk with one of the follower - that way we could interact with our followers like in mass effect or other great rpg's :D  

How would you interact with followers?

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Mostly simple Select Choice and answers depending on succesful quests and story progress - so the solution would be to enable touch follower to call an specific common event for each character ;)

abishaigames1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just tried this. It works great. I do have a question though.

Currently, I have it set up so that when an event runs into the main character it checks the character's facing and re-orients the character to the event. Is there a way for this script to check the follower's facing and re-orient the party to the event (or use existing RPG Maker MV elements to do so)? Or even better, just that specific follower? 

It's to big to post fully in one shot, but the part that isn't shown follows the same logic as the part that is. 

Event B.png

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just tried this. It works great. I do have a question though.

Currently, I have it set up so that when an event runs into the main character it checks the character's facing and re-orients the character to the event. Is there a way for this script to check the follower's facing and re-orient the party to the event (or use existing RPG Maker MV elements to do so)? Or even better, just that specific follower? 

It's to big to post fully in one shot, but the part that isn't shown follows the same logic as the part that is. 

I've updated the plugin so that you can check which follower it's touching, if one exists.

This script in an event command

this.touchedFollower()

will return the follower that the event is touching.

You should only use this in touch events.

So for example if you want to check if the follower is facing left, based on numpad direction which is 4, you would write as your scripted conditional branch

var f = this.touchedFollower(); f && f.direction() == 4

This condition will only be met if a follower exists (eg: it wasn't the player that touched the event), AND it's facing left.

You could then set the player's direction to left.

abishaigames1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This condition will only be met if a follower exists (eg: it wasn't the player that touched the event), AND it's facing left.

You could then set the player's direction to left.

Thank you very much.

Angelus197

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
VNM
I manage to put the plugin in, but there is no way to make it work.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...
I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaggo