MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was testing my game but the followers are not appearing. the graphics arent invisible and I enabled Followers. What do I do?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
either the followers are disabled or you have some invisible followers because you deleted the original actors without removing them from the starting party in the system tab of the database.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Andar gave you the most likely issues; I also want to add that there are Event Commands which Show/Hide the followers, so if you've used one of these between the start of your game and the point where you're noticing they don't appear, that could be the reason too. (And when you go to a new map, the followers may appear directly behind the player so it's hard to see them until you move around.)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to ask the stupid question - do you, in fact, have more than one actor in your party?

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to ask the stupid question - do you, in fact, have more than one actor in your party?
yes. In the beginning of the game you meet the second party member. after finding the MAGICAL OF PLOT! and then he joins you to go on the quest for a legendary sword that the MAGICAL BOOK OF PLOT mentions.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay...I'm glad you checked my question, but none of that information about your story matters.
Did you check all of the answers above mine, regarding accidental event commands?

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay...I'm glad you checked my question, but none of that information about your story matters.
Did you check all of the answers above mine, regarding accidental event commands?
yes I did

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then the most likely cause is the starting party.
how many lines can you click at in the box of the starting party in the database (system tab)?
really click on and have the line selected, not just being empty?

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then the most likely cause is the starting party.
how many lines can you click at in the box of the starting party in the database (system tab)?
really click on and have the line selected, not just being empty?
it isnt the starting party. The starting party is just the main character

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it isnt the starting party. The starting party is just the main character
wrong - you assume that the starting party is only the main character.
That does not mean that your assumption is correct.

What I was telling you two times already is that there is a possibility that the starting party contains invisible actors, and that would cause what you describe.

followers are limited to three actors, so if you have one starting actor, three invisible actors and then the added official second actor, that other actor will never show up as a follower because the three invisible actors before him are all the allowed followers on screen.

and now please answer the question: how many selectable lines are in the starting party of the database?

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
wrong - you assume that the starting party is only the main character.
That does not mean that your assumption is correct.

What I was telling you two times already is that there is a possibility that the starting party contains invisible actors, and that would cause what you describe.

followers are limited to three actors, so if you have one starting actor, three invisible actors and then the added official second actor, that other actor will never show up as a follower because the three invisible actors before him are all the allowed followers on screen.

and now please answer the question: how many selectable lines are in the starting party of the database?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then your editor is broken, because with one actor there should be two selectable lines, not one.
the second line would be the official empty line to add more actors there.

I specifically never told you above how many lines there should be because I wanted you to test it, not just "assume" what you see is what is there.

So now for the third time, please go to your database system tab, and click on each empty line below your main actor there. how many lines stay selected if you click on them?

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then your editor is broken, because with one actor there should be two selectable lines, not one.
the second line would be the official empty line to add more actors there.

I specifically never told you above how many lines there should be because I wanted you to test it, not just "assume" what you see is what is there.

So now for the third time, please go to your database system tab, and click on each empty line below your main actor there. how many lines stay selected if you click on them?
oh I thought you were talking about how many empty lines are there

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, if that was the number of empty lines then that is correct.

Please make another test.
1) make a new map, completely empty grass.
2) add a single event there to add the second actor to the party
3) set the starting party to that map
4) start playtest, select new game, go to the event to add the actor and walk around the grass.
does the follower appear, yes or no?

if yes, you have an event disabling followers in the rest of your game. Since you told us you searched without finding it, you simply didn't search far enough - it is there or the followers would not appear on this new map that never touched the rest of the game

if the followers are disabled in the new grass map as well, then either you have a plugin that breaks follower behaviour, or the sprite for the second actor is wrong.

Muk adel heid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Do anybody asked about plugins?.
Are you using any plugin which could interfere with followers/characters/party?.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I asked and described the test above exactly to determine if this is something caused by plugins or by events.
and it is almost guaranteed that you have plugins, because at least one is installed by default, although that one should not cause any problems.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badalias