Neikoku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I managed to make a walking-in-water sprite work for the player as well as the follower when crossing a river, but the problem with how I made it is when the player steps in the water and the follower is still on land, the follower also gets the water sprite when he's not yet in the water.

I have a common event checking location ID based on tile regions, and it changes the sprites when the player is in the river.

Is there a way to make the follower's sprite change only when he's actually in the water, instead of based on the player's location? :LZSproud:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would have to make your common event check the player and each follower position separately and update their sprites as necessary, rather than changing all sprites based on where the leader is.

The player and followers are all Game_Character objects, so all have the regionId() function.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
If you have any experience with Javascript, see this list of RMMV commands:
RPG MAKER MV / MZ Script Calls

Possibly someone will soon come up with a plugin or practice method, for now I am away from my personal computer where I could do the tests to be sure how to create.

Good luck

Neikoku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would have to make your common event check the player and each follower position separately and update their sprites as necessary, rather than changing all sprites based on where the leader is.

The player and followers are all Game_Character objects, so all have the regionId() function.
Ah yes I got it to work now, thank you!! Still a problem though, the follower's sprite changes only after taking another step outside/in the water. So when he steps on land, he still has the in-water sprite until he takes another step. Is there any way around this? :oops:

I tried the "change actor images" event command and then a script, both working the same. Here's the script:

1620998570772.png

@Dev_With_Coffee thanks for the list! I don't really know javascript (am able to figure it out if have to though) but I have felt a need for this at times.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I will try to do this over the weekend.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corim