Not open for further replies.

Genocidal Dave

The greatest Hi you're ever gonna meet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
After deciding to add even more slots, I edited the script just as you're supposed to. I already had a custom equipment slot called "Ring" which worked and has always worked since added. After adding the slots I made a new save and cheated all the equipment in to test it. But for some reason the new slots just don't allow me to equip things in them...

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# ● New Module Extra_Slots#--------------------------------------------------------------------------module Extra_Slots Slots = [] # Edit here to add new slot types # Slots[armour_type_id] = "name" # I know it is named in the database but I don't believe you can access # that name through Vocab Slots[13] = "Ring" Slots[18] = "Magic Shard" Slots[19] = "Bracelet" Slots[20] = "Necklace" Slots[21] = "Chain"endclass Game_Actor < Game_Battler #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● Rewrites equip_slots #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Edit here to change what slots are available to your characters # 0 - Weapon # 1 - Shield # 2 - Head # 3 - Body # 4 - Accessory # 5+ a custom slot def equip_slots return [0, 0, 19, 2, 20, 3, 4, 21, 13, 13, 18] if dual_wield? return [0, 1, 19, 2, 20, 3, 4, 21, 13, 13, 18] endendclass Window_EquipSlot < Window_Selectable #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● Rewrites slot_name #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def slot_name(index) if @actor.equip_slots[index] >= 5 Extra_Slots::Slots[@actor.equip_slots[index]] else @actor ? Vocab::etype(@actor.equip_slots[index]) : "" end endendIt's really frustrating. I just can't find out what's wrong. They're even in the correct slots under armor, and are accessories. I hope you can help.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
you do have Fomar0153's Custom Equipment Slots script as well right? because with out it the extra slots wont work.

Custom Slotshttp://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6u5BRHRz

Extra Equipment Slots http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=wAkB2fep

both are required
Really? The ring slot worked without it. Let me check if it changes anything.

EDIT: Dude... That's the same script...

SECOND EDIT: Well it seems I named the script wrong. The one I was using was Custom Slots, hahah. Silly me.

THIRD EDIT: Still doesn't work. It's like it doesn't detect the accessory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I looked at the two scripts but am honestly not sure how it could possibly allow you to create custom slots that actually equip stuff.

You need a way to set the equip type as well, but I'm not sure if Fomar provides it.

Anyways I think if you use this script

http://himeworks.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/custom-equip-types/

And then tag your necklaces and whatever with the appropriate equip type ID (that you entered in the equip slot array) it should work.

So for example, any "Chain" type armors you have should be tagged with

Code:
<equip type: 21>

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
NEVERMIND! I found out what was wrong... I didn't realize I also had to make the characters capable of equipping that type of armor... I am such an idiot at times.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
I looked at the two scripts but am honestly not sure how it could possibly allow you to create custom slots that actually equip stuff.

You need a way to set the equip type as well.

Anyways I think if you use this script

http://himeworks.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/custom-equip-types/

And then tag your necklaces and whatever with the appropriate equip type ID (that you entered in the equip slot array) it should work.
Nah. I found the solution. It was that I was a complete fool and forgot to make it so that the characters could equip f.e. necklaces.

Your script actually looks very useful, though.

Thanks for the help, both of you, even if it wasn't the problem.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, I see it now

Code:
module RPG  class Armor  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # ● I wish I'd done this originally.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def etype_id      if Extra_Slots::Slots[self.atype_id] == nil        return @etype_id      else        return self.atype_id      end    end  endend
The etype ID is the armor type itself. That would explain why you didn't need to set any special note-tags or anything.

Genocidal Dave

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Icelandic
Primarily Uses
Oh, I see it now

module RPG class Armor #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● I wish I'd done this originally. #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def etype_id if Extra_Slots::Slots[self.atype_id] == nil return @etype_id else return self.atype_id end end endendThe etype ID is the armor type itself. That would explain why you didn't need to set any special note-tags or anything.
Yeah. It can run on its own.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad this got sorted out.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please remember to posts requests for script support in the RGSSx Script Support forum. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority