Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

I wish for a script to just hide my audio and font folder. I have found some encryption scripts, but they cause errors. if it is possible to hide more without errors, then that would be excellent.

security.png

Thank you,

ZEFK

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they "cause errors" it's probably because of the way you're using them, and not the scripts themselves.

How about posting links to the ones you've tried, and elaborating on what the actual errors were? If we don't know, we've no idea if any others we recommend would produce errors too (because they're being used incorrectly). And if they DO have errors, the scripters would probably like to know about it.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If they "cause errors" it's probably because of the way you're using them, and not the scripts themselves.

How about posting links to the ones you've tried, and elaborating on what the actual errors were? If we don't know, we've no idea if any others we recommend would produce errors too (because they're being used incorrectly). And if they DO have errors, the scripters would probably like to know about it.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
Edit: (Solved) 

1.The issue has been solved. When playing my game in Linux a old folder using the mp3 format was created. The game kept caching that folder. I guess this folder was not just created from play testing in RPG Maker Ace.

2. Not 100% sure, but it might have been caching the old script too. In that script I disabled one of them using it.

Double Edit:

That was the case. Problem solved. I think I will write down my list of issues that happened to me and give it to the script owner. This will help people solve their problem with the script in the future.

Section:

I thought script request was where one requested scripts? Didn't see how it was the wrong section.

Informing:

1. I did inform the person who made the script and the errors that it is causing.

Errors:

2. There was a .dll error on 3 different windows computers and sound issue with Linux wine due it only liking .ogg format or that being built internally in RPG Maker Ace or the fact that Linux is known for .ogg format.

Tests:

This is bound to happen with more computers. I was to prevent it because people "Just" want to "play" the game. Not try to "fix" the "issue" themselves. I pinpointed the issue to be the sound after 25 tests. The crash with the script happened the same way as if I try it with a format other than  .ogg. I set the sound encryption to false and the game works perfectly on Linux, but the files are still exposed in that case. This script changes the extension of files and that is probably the issue, after testing the extension change in the script, the issue still persisted.

Cache error: (Fixed)

3. I didn't notice that a file was created in my C Drive and that was causing a cache error with previous data. 

No error messages:

4. No error messages appear, just the sound crashing with a glitching noise, and then crash. The sound was detected, so I doubt it is a directory issue.

Edit: Actually it might be a directory, but the .dll error still persists. 

Script location:

Security script link

This script is great and very complex, but some things he/she is working out the issues. I will possibly use it in the future, so I am informing the creator of the issues. I just don't want to continue testing it all day long and need a quick fix if "possible."  I have many other projects I need to be working on.

Request:

My request is for a simple, quick script to just hide the font and audio folder in the Game.rgss3a, so it is not easily copied. Everything can be hacked, but I don't want people to simply copy my audio folder. They at least have to "waste" their time with getting the info instead of simply using that time creating music and fonts themselves. I myself have made the audio and fonts.

If possible:

If this is not possible, then I will keep my files exposed for now. 

Here's one

http://www.himeworks.com/2014/03/21/simple-audio-encryption/

Doesn't hide fonts though.

That one is not for commercial use unless ask. I can see if it works if this helps solve the issue.

Thank you,

ZEFK

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That one is not for commercial use unless ask
And asking is SUCH a difficult thing to do ;)

Estriole wrote a script that hides the audio and pulls it out when it's needed. You MIGHT be able to do the same thing with fonts, but I suspect there could be issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daiomed