Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,
I'm using a font called POPit that I got buying the POP! graphics years ago. The problem is that when I press F4 for fullscreen the font in Text messages or in the menu gets blurred.
1624357376593.png
I had the same problem with normal graphics but with this: I solved the problem, but it still remains on the font.
Can you please help me?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can only try to reduce the effect by a few things, it is almost impossible to go away - because it isn't a true blur, it's a color mix.

whenever you resize a picture to a larger size, you'll need to create additional pixels. The calculation on what color those additional pixels have will only retain the correct picture on resizing of full multiples (200%, 300%).
in all other cases the color is usually mixed from the surroundings. so if the computer has to create a pixel between a black and a white original pixel, the new pixel between would be grey - and that is what looks like a blur.

And because different people have different monitor sizes even if you made the gamesize to allow for a full screen on 200% for your computer, a lot of other players will still have the blur of non-multiple resizing.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That snippet basically sets the image rendering of the game canvas to pixels. While the graphics looks crisp and sharp, the fonts and images can look wonky for some reason (I think it's because they're being made pixelated even though they aren't initially). I haven't found a fix for this even after lots of searching and digging. If only there was a way to separate the map and other graphical stuff... The only way that I can think of to get around this is if your game's screen resolution is larger to begin with. But idk really. As Andar said, it doesn't matter cause results may vary. My game looks sharp on my PC but looks blurry on the laptop. I don't think most people will notice/care though. I didn't either... until someone pointed it out and now I can't unsee it... Thank you random person :")

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
That is a common complaint that I have seen a lot. And a lot of plugins come to fix this problem with different approaches. But the only ones that I see to really fixed the problem was the SFont by Victor Engine. Since it uses a bitmap to draw the font(assuming you are using MV).

But you could also try other solutions around, I've seen plenty that removes this behavior of the font. But can't remember the names of the plugins/snippets.

RPGlover2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That snippet basically sets the image rendering of the game canvas to pixels. While the graphics looks crisp and sharp, the fonts and images can look wonky for some reason (I think it's because they're being made pixelated even though they aren't initially). I haven't found a fix for this even after lots of searching and digging. If only there was a way to separate the map and other graphical stuff... The only way that I can think of to get around this is if your game's screen resolution is larger to begin with. But idk really. As Andar said, it doesn't matter cause results may vary. My game looks sharp on my PC but looks blurry on the laptop. I don't think most people will notice/care though. I didn't either... until someone pointed it out and now I can't unsee it... Thank you random person :")
you can only try to reduce the effect by a few things, it is almost impossible to go away - because it isn't a true blur, it's a color mix.

whenever you resize a picture to a larger size, you'll need to create additional pixels. The calculation on what color those additional pixels have will only retain the correct picture on resizing of full multiples (200%, 300%).
in all other cases the color is usually mixed from the surroundings. so if the computer has to create a pixel between a black and a white original pixel, the new pixel between would be grey - and that is what looks like a blur.

And because different people have different monitor sizes even if you made the gamesize to allow for a full screen on 200% for your computer, a lot of other players will still have the blur of non-multiple resizing.
Hi there!
That is a common complaint that I have seen a lot. And a lot of plugins come to fix this problem with different approaches. But the only ones that I see to really fixed the problem was the SFont by Victor Engine. Since it uses a bitmap to draw the font(assuming you are using MV).

But you could also try other solutions around, I've seen plenty that removes this behavior of the font. But can't remember the names of the plugins/snippets.
Thank you all :LZYsmile:, the plugin that Eliaquim suggests works well for me! The only problem is that you have to spend some time with the picture but it doesn't matter to me

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Frustrated, as always. I took a break from working on games and when I turned back to working on them again, bam! Slapped in the face with more errors. Such is the pain of working on any project, I suppose.
Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TriangleMoebius